DC
Options

Venue in DC??

Wondering if anyone has ideas for an indoor venue in DC that has windows - nice views a plus.  I'm considering the Ronald Reagan Building and Newseum currently but want more options.  The Willard and some of the other hotels are nice but they don't have windows in most of the ballroom spaces.  I would appreciate any suggestions!  Looking to get married next Fall.

Re: Venue in DC??

• Options
    I would check historical sites/houses, too.  A friend from HS just got married at Mount Vernon and I *think* it was indoors (I wasn't in attendance).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion! Will look into it!

I'm **hoping** for a downtown DC wedding so a venue in DC would be ideal.
  • Options
    Not in DC, but Sheraton National Airport overlooks airport...lots of windows.
  • Options
    Check out Top of the Town, too it's in Arlington but has a better view of the city than anywhere downtown, IMO.
  • Options
    I'm considering TOTT too - have been there for a company event before.  Had a strong dislike for the decor since it's so aged but agree that the views were amazing.  It's pretty expensive b/c of those views though as well.   Hope to check it out this Sat as a possible wedding venue.

have been to the Sheraton before as well - I can't remember much about the views so will have to check that out.

Thanks for the suggestions!  Stil hoping for a downtown DC wedding!

• Options
    I went to a wedding at TOTT. It was fabulous! Cocktails were outside with two bars and passed appetizers.
  • Options
    This isn't as fancy as the others you mentioned, but the Phoenix Park Hotel (where we are getting married tomorrow). The ballroom is on the first floor, so has natural light. The second floor spac also has large, lovely windows. It's across from Union Station, and when you walk out the front door, you see the Capitol RIGHT THERE. 

Other spaces with windows: Woodrow Wilson House, Josephine Butler Parks Center.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks - I was not aware of these!

and Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards