New York-Long Island

HELP! My wedding gown hasn't arrived yet!

Hello ladies,

I haven't posted in a while, but my wedding is now 7 weeks away, on March 20th, and I am starting to really freak out about this - I need your advice!  I ordered my gown from Adrienne's Bridal in Islip LAST March - plenty of time.  I also ordered my veil there this past summer.  My gown has still not arrived, and their salespeople cannot give a straight answer as to when it will or why it hasn't come in.  When I originally purchased the gown, in March of last year, they told me it would arrive in November.  In November, when I called ot check, they said December.  In December, when I called to check, they said January, and so on.  I have called every week this month,  and each time they say it is arriving next week - to no avail.  I am starting to really worry that they will not produce a gown for me at all.  In your opinions, is this normal???  Should i calm down?  What should I do?  I have had a fine planning experience with everything else so far and do not want to start acting like a "bridezilla" but I am unsure when to really start worrying.  If they can't provide a dress, i will need to go elsewhere, stat!  It just feels weird to be getting RSVP's already but with no word on my dress.  Any words of wisdom are appreciated!  TIA

Re: HELP! My wedding gown hasn't arrived yet!

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    go there and get an answer. speak to a manager and get a date. i hate to use the word 'ultimatum' but in this case 'if my dress isn't here next week I'll go elsewhere and leave negative reviews on every wedding site and the BBB'. be nice butfirm.
    you can also try calling the company making your dress.

• jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks...i am going to do all of those things today
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards