Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

dance lessons

Hi Ladies!! 

Did any of you take (or are planning on taking) dance lessons before your wedding?  If so, who did you use?

Thanks in advance!

Re: dance lessons

• edited December 2011
    We just went to the local community college and took an 8 week class called "dancing for special occasions." We liked it a lot because it was cheap and because it was really geared toward wedding dancing - it wasn't too hard and the instuctor gave us tips on what looks best without it being too complicated. Private lessons would have been nice, but there were only 3 other couples and for the price difference, I would have rather done it this way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took one dance the week before the wedding just to learn the basics and get a little more comfortable.  It was from Rubi's First Dance in Chestnut Hill.  You can take as many or as little classes as you want. 

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're taking our third with Rubi's Frist Dance tomorrow morning. Rubi has been great! We learned some turns and a dip, along with howto move to our song.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Rubi too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I stumbled upon RUbi's website last night, and was hoping someone would recommend her.  Would anyone be able to give me an idea of the cost?? 
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $75 per lesson if you go to her.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks Bean!  Congraulations on your wedding this weekend :)
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else on Rubi. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Triple ditto Rubi.   Does she still go to peoples houses?  When I used her back 2 years ago she came to us.
  • edited December 2011
    PSA: 
    there is a groupon deal for Academy of Social Dance 6 sessions, some private and group sessions, for 99 dollars a couple. 

I just got this deal. I haven't been, hope they are good! 
    haha

nat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards