Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon sweepstakes... has anyone actually WON any of these?

I sure like everyone else here, everytime I see a 'Honeymoon Sweepstakes!' link online, or read one in a bridal magazine, I enter it with hopes of landing a free, all expenses paid dream honeymoon, thinking that this time, I'LL WIN (yea right, ha)! Have any of you ladies ACTUALLY won, and cashed in on these things? (and im not talking the old 'congrats you've won! now come sit through a 90 minute lecture and buy a timeshare from us!', im talking the sweeptstakes where you just win, and dont have to do anything)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Honeymoon sweepstakes... has anyone actually WON any of these?

• I actually did... not kidding, either.  I entered a sweepstakes in Modern Bride magazine and won an 8 day trip to Jamaica at any Sandals resort.  I thought they were BSing me and that it was a scam when I got the whole "congratulations, you've won" email, but I went to their website and did the "Contact Us" thing and the promotions coordinator (who sent me the first email) was the one who responded.  We just got back from our honeymoon June 8th.  We got to pick which resort we wanted, free accomodations, free airfare, all-inclusive.  Only catch is that we have to pay taxes on it, but other than that, yep, I was a winner!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • no. i never enter those things because i dont' want all of my personal info all over god knows where and who. i'd rather pay than get spam and junk mail for the next 10 years :)

• Good point!  I used my crap email address, though, so if I get spam, it won't be a big deal.
  • MedTecMedTec member
    First Comment
    I think it is all a scam sorry
  • I Won!!!  From right here at The Knot!!  It is going to be AWESOME!!  I totally think they are worth it.  I just use an email that I don't care about if they send me junk mail!
  • What are some good websites to find some sweepstakes at?
  • I just entered in a bunch of random sweepstakes out of bridal magazines.  Modern Bride usually has a couple in each issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards