Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Ceremony Music

Are you having a different song for the groom ? Are the groomsmen and pastor  walking out  with the groom ? Different song for your mother?  Plus what song are you walking to ?

I am trying to get the list of songs ready for my church meeting . Having some examples would really help . I went on the music forum but, there really isn't much .

Thanks in advance !

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not having the GM walk the aisle until the end of the ceremony when they will walk with a BM.

I'm not sure what song we're playing for the mom's but they'll have their own.

Here is a link from a post a few posts down on the board about songs.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-songs-1

• Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Your Church will probably have a 'frequently played' wedding list, which should be of much assistance.
    We have chosen a list of easily recognized classical music, and others on the board have used/are using Vitamin String Quartet songs.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas/articles/35-ceremony-recessional-selections.aspx

ETA: My FI isn't getting his own song (and will walk with his guys out of the back of the church), and neither is my mom.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our entire wedding  party (including the grandmothers, mothers, and Ben who walked down with his parents) walked down to Canon in D.  I love it and wanted to hear as much of it as I could so they all came in to that.  I walked down to Here Comes the Bride.

Ben walked down , then his groomsman, then best man, then BM, then MOH, then me.  Our officiants came up after Ben had taken his place (although when we rehearsed it they were already there).  Ours was a little different though in that there was only one way in and out of the ceremony space so everyone had to walk down the aisle. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are just doing two songs:
    FI/GM/Mothers to one
    BM & Me to another (I want to come in at the crescendo of the song I'm planning)

Since we aren't getting married at a church, I like that I have a lot to play with in regards to music. We're using Vitamin String Quartet music.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey , Thanks so much i think i was a little confused by all of the options. Also, Most of the weddings i have been to i was in it as a flower girl so don't have much real life experience  on this topic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry i guess i didn't notice that post since i was mostly looking for info about who needs their own song and the order of the  etc....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards