Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening Thread

Re: Evening Thread

• Options
    Poke: crush, accepted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    oddly enough, MIL never bothers us about kids, and H is an only child. My parents bring it up nonchalantly every once and a while...and they already have 5 grandkids!
  • Options
    When my parents got married my grandma somehow got into dad's suitcase and sewed a pair of his underwear shut.  Every year after that she would be my dad & uncle (her SILs) socks and underwear for Christmas.  I think it embarassed them at first but after a while they thought it was funny.  My dad jokingly was mad the one year she didn't get them for him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:013e69a8-5617-46c4-bcc9-f796c5204bd5">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : They are a legitimate cult.  Making members sign billion year contracts and provide slave labor?  Cult. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, and they also try to trap you into it. </div>
  • Options
    On the other side of the family there's 5 great grandchildren.  My cousin (who has 3 of them) has already made it known that she has done her part in giving our grandfather as many great-grandkids and he has grandkids.
  • Options
    I'm an only child. But my parents have accepted that they will only have "fur grandchildren" and perhaps some day foster grand kids.

My MIL, on the other hand, had a hard time accepting that we don't want kids. Luckily, my SIL is all knocked up, so we are kid-pressure free!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    On my mom's side, my cousin has two kids (so two great -grandbabies) but they live in Germany.  I'll have the first stateside great-grandbaby.  On my dad's side, one of my cousins has two kids and I'll have great-grandbaby number 3 on that side too.
  • Options
    I want to contribute something thoughtful or worthwhile right now but I'm having one of those moments where my brain feels literally fried. Maybe its from the humidity? I have no substantial thought process right now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:8f37f14b-cc6b-4e15-b0ab-0eb41c2b341c">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an only child. But my parents have accepted that they will only have "fur grandchildren" and perhaps some day foster grand kids. My MIL, on the other hand, had a hard time accepting that we don't want kids. Luckily, my SIL is all knocked up, <strong>so we are kid-pressure free!</strong>
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>For now : )</div>
  • Options
    MuSu - come on.. say something enlightening :).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:c6a1bdd5-5133-4de0-aef4-e37bcd0cd37b">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to contribute something thoughtful or worthwhile right now but I'm having one of those moments where my brain feels literally fried. Maybe its from the humidity? I have no substantial thought process right now. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>That's okay. From now on just post jibberish. We'll use it how we see fit. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:8f37f14b-cc6b-4e15-b0ab-0eb41c2b341c">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an only child. But my parents have accepted that they will only have "fur grandchildren" and perhaps some day foster grand kids. My MIL, on the other hand, had a hard time accepting that we don't want kids. Luckily, my SIL is all knocked up, so we are kid-pressure free!
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

I was avidly anti children for years, and DH was not real excited about kids. Then within a year we lost his dad, my best friend, a good work friend of his, a good friend of mine's baby brother, his grandmother, two aunts on his side, a great uncle, and one other friend and we both decided it was really important to us to try to have kids.

I have no idea what happened to me in that year. None of my friends have children, none of them *like* children, either.
  • Options
    Aw thanks Eags. :) Maybe I should just start posting nonsense. Unfortunately I'm far too sober to do that. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:d7ba2820-f052-43fd-b7d6-1ffedca4139a">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie, she's the youngest, and she's the only girl, and FMIL basically thinks she's perfect.  Ever since I've known her, she lets nothing pass without comparing it to FSIL - her wedding, her dog, her house, her job.  Everything. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Ugh, I hate that. </div>
  • Options
    I tell my mom her form of birth control for me worked too well....

for like 6 years during the summer I watched my cousins (newborn & 2 until they were 6 & 8) from 6am until 6pm.  Plus I babysat during the rest of the year all the time.  The younger one used to have seizures and black out...the older one had aggression problems.  The oldest one passed away a few years ago(at age 20)...the amount of love, frustration, and pain I have had over those kids....parenthood is definitely not something to enter lightly.
  • Options
    Having two grandchildren just made MIL hungry for more.  You wouldn't believe the pressure.

Hockey -- I don't think most churches are quite like the COS.  Read up on Sea Org.  That ish is messed up.

• Options
    Hey ladies. I'm way too exhausted to read the thread, hope that's okay. Our engagement pictures took 4 hours and it was surprisingly draining. I could never be a model.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you got to do them though Angel.  How are you feeling today?  Did a good night's sleep get you back to feeling well?  
  • Options
    I think I'm going to call it a night.  Have a good one ladies!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:326d1cf8-6466-4f06-8261-f8a8864499f9">Re:Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies. I'm way too exhausted to read the thread, hope that's okay. Our engagement pictures took 4 hours and it was surprisingly draining.<strong> I could never be a model.</strong>
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto. I felt this way after my pin up girl shoot. </div>
  • Options
    Haha so both Tory and willow were sleeping on my bed and since I don't yet trust willow to sleep all night freely, I put her in her kennel. Well, I lift her up and cradle her the same way she was laying on the bed, and set her down in front of her kennel door, thinking she would waltz in like normal. Nope. She just let me set her down in her sleep position. Pretending to stay asleep. Stinker.
  • Options
    angel, I am glad you didn't get rained out!
  • Options
    Loopy, I feel like crap.. It seems to be worse at night though, so I wasn't too bad during the day today. I'm so excited to see them myself, I hope they turn out well.
  • Options
    Tricky tricky Tory. 
  • Options
    Yay I am happy you got them done angel! Can't wait to see them! Modding for photos is super tiring. Poses that look natural in a picture can actually be super awkward to hold for a long time. My bpics had some poses where I was like how the eff do I look sexy right now, this feels ridiculous!
  • Options
    It was pretty cute, I gotta admit. Silly puppies.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5523760f-cca4-47b5-8591-ac9db812ba26Post:f563a2e1-b6cd-4903-a79d-c9af12815ea1">Re:Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, I feel like crap.. It seems to be worse at night though, so I wasn't too bad during the day today. I'm so excited to see them myself, I hope they turn out well.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>You guys are such a good looking couple, they'll turn out wonderful! </div>
  • Options
    Musu, we were in some positions that couldn't have felt less natural, but our photographers assured us they'll look good. I LOVE our photographers so I trust them.
  • Options
    Can't wait to see them Angel!
  • Options
    alright I am off to bed....goodnight everyone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards