Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Hello! Cape Cod necklaces?

Hello everyone! I am a Jersey bride getting married this summer in the Hudson Valley, although I always thought I would get married at the Chatham Bars- until we saw the prices!

Anyway... I've spent summers in Cape Cod since I was born and I was thinking I could get my girls Cape Cod necklaces as part of their gifts. This would be great because it's a piece of jewerly that actually means something to me!

I probably won't be up there until after our wedding in August, so i was wondering if anyone knew of places I could buy them online. I am also looking for the necklaces that simply have the ball without the little clasps on the side (not fixed, the ball can move around the chain)... mine was probably only between $20 and $30 (from Kandy Korner in Hyannis)

Any assistance would be wonderful- thank you!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Hello! Cape Cod necklaces?

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there, I am also a Jersey girl who goes to the Cape on the summer!  We did end up at CBI, (but kept the party to 50 people and made our own package to do so.)
    I am not sure where you got your Cape Cod necklace, but my what a deal!  Mine ran closer to $150, and I bought it in Chatham.  Honestly, there are so many jewelers, I think your best bet may be to order a copy of Cape Cod magazine and flip through the pages, and start calling the jewelers.  The price will very much depend on what necklace and ball you go for (with the gold ball obviously being the most expensive.)
    I ordered my mom one last year from the Cape and, especially in the off season, they were happy to ship it for next-to-nothing, and it got here within the week!
    Anniversary
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea- the kinda that I have is definitely not as nice as say, my mom's- hers was more like the $150. I was just hoping for the cheaper one as I am getting my girls a few additional things. Thanks for your help!
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    edited December 2011
    I actually found what I was looking for at a store in Chatham- thanks for your help :)
  • edited December 2011
    KWats- could you share. Looking for inexpensive necklaces for my girls also. TIA!
    Photobucket
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls starfish necklaces from the Plum Porch in Marston Mills, they were around $30.00. My friend got us silver Cape Cod necklaces from Cape Cod Jewelers in Hyannis. I believe they were around $65.00. There is also a place in the Mashpee Commons, called the Unique Boutique that sells Cape Cod necklaces and they are around $50.00! Hope that helps!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_hello-cape-cod-necklaces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:67ba87ef-b2e7-4679-bb6d-d574deaa8995Post:d6f553ab-ea08-44d7-9639-974b14565926">Re: Hello! Cape Cod necklaces?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KWats- could you share. Looking for inexpensive necklaces for my girls also. TIA!
    Posted by lisaremmes[/QUOTE]

Yankee Ingenuity in Chatham- and you're an August girl too, right?! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! & Yes August :)
    Photobucket
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for August on the Cape!  Though, 2012 for me :)

lisaremmes - I LOVE the invitation photo you have.  Did you get those done (and if so, where?), or did you make them?

clage22 - are the starfish necklaces silver? I was hoping to do those for my girls.

Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    Lobsters25-The starfish necklaces are silver! They have a few different options if you get a chance to stop in the store. On their website they show two different starfish necklaces they offer under their favorite items. http://www.plumporchgifts.com/favorite.html
    I got my girls the larger one, but they are slightly different from what is on the website. The shop is super cute and the ladies are more than friendly when you go in there. If you tell them it's for a wedding and you are buying a good amount of them (I bought 7) they will give you a discount too! I highly recommend them as it was a fantastic experience for me Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards