Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Two florists

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good weekend! I just met with Allison McGeary for a floral appointment this morning. I really, really liked her. She didn't give me an estimate yet. She told us she would get us one in about a week. I'm super anxious to see what she comes back with, So has anyone worked with her or know about how reasonably priced she is? I met with Carrie Ann Powell a few weeks ago and liked her as well. I felt like her pricing was awesome, but I feel like Allison might have had a better grasp on what the vision is for my wedding. So I just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with one or both of these florists and how they might compare to each other. Thanks!

Re: Two florists

• Hi JM - We are using CAP. One thing I really liked about her is that she was able to provide the estimate at the consultation. The other florist I met with took over a week to get me the estimate, then it wasn't even totalled, and it was way more than Carrie. I have come up with different ideas since last year when we met and just emailed Carrie about them and she's quick to accommodate. We will likely meet again this spring before the wedding. But my goal was 2K budget for flowers and Carrie was able to do this and I feel like we are getting a lot for our money. I have a lot of pictures of what I like too, which helps to express our vision. HTH. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We met with Allison, but decided to go with Mocha Rose instead.  While we were meeting with Allison's assistant I explained that our budget was $3000, and she said they could make it work.  When the estimate came back the next week, the quote was $6000!  Her work looks absolutely gorgeous and if you have room in your budget, I'd say go for it.  For me personally Mocha Rose was a better fit since she's very good about sticking to a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards