Louisiana-New Orleans

Hotels/B&Bs in the Garden District with decent parking

Any references on where to stay for four nights in New Orleans in March? Would like the experience of a B&B, but a nice hotel would be ok. Would like to stay in the Garden District near the streetcar line, but we will be driving down (road trip!) and need a place with safe parking. Is street parking really as scary as online reviews make it sound? All the places online are running together in my mind, so suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotels/B&Bs in the Garden District with decent parking

• The Columns.  It's probably a little bit uptown of where you want to stay,  but it's on the streetcar line and I've never had a problem with the parking there.  Breakfast is included and it's a gorgeous historic hotel with a lovely porch to sit out on for happy hour.  They have a free valet but you can also just self-park in the neighborhood behind the hotel.  I'm not sure what you've heard about street parking but outside the quarter/ CBD it's not too hard to find.  Right now the streetcar is not running below Louisiana (there are buses that cover that part of the route though) - not sure when the construction will be completed, I'm guessing they're trying to get it done  in time for the Superbowl in February. The Columns is just uptown of Louisiana so the streetcar is running in front of it but won't take you very far towards downtown before you have to switch to a bus. 
  • Thank you so much! I'm going to check on that one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've stayed at Magnolia Mansion in the Garden District and parked on the street with no problems.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_hotelsbbs-in-the-garden-district-with-decent-parking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:84905416-d303-4036-9ced-e62836661c9ePost:f33e8a9c-c7c7-454f-a311-386777c05763">Hotels/B&Bs in the Garden District with decent parking</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any references on where to stay for four nights in New Orleans in March? Would like the experience of a B&B, but a nice hotel would be ok. Would like to stay in the Garden District near the streetcar line, but we will be driving down (road trip!) and need a place with safe parking. Is street parking really as scary as online reviews make it sound? All the places online are running together in my mind, so suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    Posted by samanthakelso[/QUOTE]

Maison St Charles is a pretty nice hotel, they have given us a great price on a block of rooms. and also Wyndham Avenue Plaza is really nice street car goes in front of both they have secured parking or street parking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards