New York-Western

great buffalo hotels/honeymoon suite

I've been looking around for a good hotel most likely in downtown Buffalo to stay the night of the wedding. Our reception is at Pearl Street Grill so we want to stay in that area. Anyone stayed at local hotels before?
I've gotten a tour of the Hampton on Delaware, and tried to look into the new Embassy Suites - but it appears to be all booked. I've talked to my fiance and he isn't interested in the Mansion (although we'd have our own butler)

Any ideas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: great buffalo hotels/honeymoon suite

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Hyatt and Adam's Mark
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at Pearl Street too.  We're staying at the Hyatt, but that is also where we got a block of rooms for OOT guests.  We're not getting a suite though as we've gone over our budget on so many things, and we figure that we're going to be so exhausted, and it's not like we need much more besides a bed ;-)  Plus we have an amazing honeymoon planned!  We have gotten a suite at the Hyatt for our anniversary last year, and it was very nice (I think it was the VIP suite).

ETA - We got the suite because when we booked the room there was an option to be upgraded to a suite at a discounted rate if it was available when you checked in, and we lucked out that it was.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely try the Hyatt.  The Mansion is wonderful though, you should try to convince him to change his mind!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the quick responses. I'll check out the Hyatt. We are not going on a Honeymoon after our wedding so we want to have at least one nice night away from our place. :)

I wasn't originally interested in the Hyatt because I heard some bad things about it but if youv'e both had good experiences there, I'll look into it. :)
    Do you knwo if the mansion allows walkthroughs or tours if I want to check it out before hand?

Thanks

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've dealt with the mansion for work functions I've planned and they were wonderful.  I'm sure if you explained that it's your wedding night and you want to see it before you book, they would allow you to do so.  Doesn't hurt to call and ask!
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • edited December 2011
    try the embassy suites...they are in the new Avant building (the tall glass one downtown)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_great-buffalo-hotelshoneymoon-suite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:21a445e0-dbb7-4f86-b14c-5c4ca25688d9Post:50822909-3888-4eb2-9126-51e3544c2c44">Re: great buffalo hotels/honeymoon suite</a>:
    [QUOTE]try the embassy suites...they are in the new Avant building (the tall glass one downtown)
    Posted by Hendea3[/QUOTE]

They are actually all booked up.  I like Embassy Suites and tried to look there. They have 5 different blocks for the night of my wedding. They said if I really want to try, I can call one month before the day and see if any rooms weren't booked.
     Thanks for the suggestion though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards