Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

ordering meals for vendors??

It is time for me to give my final headcount to the reception coordinator.  We are having a buffet.  Do I count vendors like photog, videog, DJ in the count?  What about the photobooth attendant?

These last minute details are stressful!

Carrie

Re: ordering meals for vendors??

• Options
    abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my venue told me to make sure to count vendors who will be there during the reception.  I think you're supposed to provide them a meal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you definitely need to provide your vendors a meal. Most vendors, like your photogs, are with you all day so they need to eat too.

Some venues have options specifically for vendors, so I would ask if your venue does something different for them. I know at my venue, I can just order a more simple, less expensive meal for the vendors since they are officially working and may need to get up quickly. So our seated dinner would not necessarily work for them.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto abromenello and EC,

You need to feed your vendors.  Do you do your best work when your hungry?  No?  Suprise!  Neither do your photog, videog, DJ, or others.  A well fed vendor is a happy, productive vendor, and a happy, productive vendor means you get a better product.  So please feed them.  :)

In terms of what type of meals, I know a lot of venues offer special "vendor meals," but we ended up giving our vendors exactly what we were having - I asked them all which entree they would like and sent those numbers in as if they were another guest.

I also made sure to seat them all at the same table - even if they weren't going to have a lot of time to be sitting down, it was nice for them to have a place to set whatever equipment they weren't immeidately using.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As the pp's said, I think you should feed them.  Like hr, we served our vendors what everyone else was having (since they were working though, our venue only charged us for the meal and non-alcoholic bar for them).  I asked each vendor beforehand which entree they would prefer.  Several of our vendors were friends, though, and would have been invited to the wedding had they not been one of our vendors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whew - so glad for the reminder, I think I was going to forget this!
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had "vendor meals" however, it was just a pricing difference since they were eating the same thing. I am glad they were able to enjoy the meal, and happy they received something other than a boxed meal.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://cincinnati.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ordering-meals-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:31c18793-7060-4059-9ca4-7fa902be4e0bPost:07de997b-a1bf-414b-a459-d8ee1ed2a60b">Re: ordering meals for vendors??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had "vendor meals" however, it was just a pricing difference since they were eating the same thing. I am glad they were able to enjoy the meal, and happy they received something other than a boxed meal.
    Posted by kelklump[/QUOTE]

I think my set up will be the same - we're being charged less for "vendor meals" but we're having a buffet so I can't imagine that they couldn't get what they wanted.  Plus even if they get a set plate of whatever food, we will definitely tell them to help themselves to the buffet.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards