Offbeat Weddings

New to this board

Hey everyone,

I have been on the knot for a while, but I am new to this board. My wedding, on 10/14/12, will  definitely be non tradtional. We have had custom made converse made for the groomsmen, myself and the flower girl to wear. We are not using tradtional music and have cut out things like "The Bride Cuts the Cake" and the bouquet toss. Right now we are focusing on centerpieces and choosing ceremony music, so we can add another check to the list. It is great to find a place where people will not look at us weird for having a best woman and playing the Muppets "Somebody is Getting Married" as ceremony music Smile
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New to this board

• Muppets "Somebody is Getting Married"??? I love it! Congrats!
  • Congrats and welcome!!!! 
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Congrats and welcome :) BTW I'm having a Man of Honour so I'm right up there with ya on that one :)
  • Congrats and welcome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_new-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:3c530286-8b5a-4348-adce-60a4d09f14c8Post:f6d1e1d9-3b32-4f85-9dd1-31db2799f2e6">New to this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, I have been on the knot for a while, but I am new to this board. My wedding, on 10/14/12, will  definitely be non tradtional. We have had custom made converse made for the groomsmen, myself and the flower girl to wear. We are not using tradtional music and have cut out things like "The Bride Cuts the Cake" and the bouquet toss. Right now we are focusing on centerpieces and choosing ceremony music, so we can add another check to the list. It is great to find a place where people will not look at us weird for having a best woman and playing the Muppets "Somebody is Getting Married" as ceremony music 
    Posted by hllokttygirl[/QUOTE]
    Hi! Welcome to the board. Sounds like we have a lot in common. My wedding was 11/5/2011. We didn't have traditional music (played Moulin Rouge's "Come What May" for the processional and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" for the recessional. Also, picked out all music for the reception. MOH and BM got to pick what they wanted to wear. (They looked awesome.) We did cut the cake- but we had no garter toss or bouquet toss. Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone! I am currently trying to find a place for flowers. Need natural touch....allergies are too bad for real ones. Any suggestions out there?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome!   I got most of my silks from afloral.com.  They also have how-to videos.  I ended up making boquets and bouts myself.  It's easier than it sounds. 

If you are not a DIYer, try etsy.  Some vendors sell pre-made and custom silk floral.  Others sell alternatives like feathers, buttons, etc. 
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards