New York-Long Island
Options

good restaurant for a cocktail reception????

Help! I have been searching and searching to find a restaurant on Long Island for my July 16th 2011 afternoon wedding. My finance and I want to keep it pretty simple but elegant. We would like to have a cocktail reception following our 11:30 am ceremony. We would love a waterside restaurant but we are open to look at any great place. We are trying to keep things simple and less costly (around 50 pp). Just open bar, passed around appetizers and a few chafing dishes. Any ideas????

Thanks!!!

Re: good restaurant for a cocktail reception????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What part of LI are you getting married in? Nassau, Suffolk, North Fork, Montauk?
  • Options
    kateandlarrykateandlarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i live in nassau...but would be willing to get married in suffolk too..Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's The Soundview in Southold, really nice place that'll do anything custom, great big room with a bar on the water too. Porto Bello in Greenport or Orient by the Sea in Orient. Scrimshaw in Greenport (Pricey and she might not do privte events). There's also some waterfront restaurants in Port Jefferson.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridgeview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thatched Cottage.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    105 harbor in cold spring harbor is lovely. not sure if you want to have the ceremony in the same place as your reception (you didn't say). there is also prime in huntington but i'm not sure of the prices for either of these.
    105 harbor is across the street from the village green (harbor) so it's not right on the water-but pretty close.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards