Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

4 days left! DIY for crows feet

FI and I are doing a just the two of us elopement this Sunday. That does give me the option to go more simple, but we do have a great photog and I'd like to look nice. Honestly, as long as I'm wearing mascara I feel pretty, and when I put on lipstick FI thinks I'm all dressed up ;) I've been practicing with more for a few weeks, but haven't had the time to try it too often, and whenever I do anything  more heavy I feel silly. I've considered going to Sephora or something, but when I've done this in the past I've always felt like not me. Anyway.. I've been looking at tutorials this morning and I keep thinking that if I do my foundation that dark it's just going to sink into my lines. I'm *only* 30, but have always had crows feet and they scrunch up when I smile, any makeup near that area just sinks into the lines. But I also need thicker foundation to cover up acne marks.. Sigh, I don't even know what my quesiton is... Maybe, without going to the store for more products, what do I do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 days left! DIY for crows feet

• Options
    To keep the foundation from sinking into lines, try a primer first.  I use a product that isn't actually a primer.  It's a chafing gel from Monistat (I know, ewww). But seriously, I think it has the same ingredients of a high-priced primer.

So moisturize first and let that dry. Then apply the primer, and let that dry, and then add your foundation and other makeup.  I'll warn you, the chafing gel feels really weird at first, like you're spreading on powder.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You want to use a primer that has silicone in it.  That will help keep the foundation from sinking into your pores.  I use Make Up For Ever HD primer. I've also heard great things about Smashbox Photo finish primer.  Sephora usually sells a small Smashbox photo finish by the resgisters.  

As for foundation, I love Make Up For Ever HD.  It makes my skn look flawless.  I have also used Urban Decay Surreal Skin Cream foundation and it gives pretty full coverage.  You should also be covering up any marks with concealer not just using a very heavy foundation.  Also, make sure that you take a step outside in natural light when you are shopping for foundations and concealers.
  • Options
    Personally I would go to Sephora. It sounds to me like you don't wear a lot of makeup. I am sure they will be helpful wether it be advice or scheduling an actual appointment to apply your make-up. Good luck and congratulations! I am sure you will beautiful no matter what you decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards