Rhode Island
Options

casual rehearsal dinner locations in South County

Hi all,

Sorry to be a board hog this AM, but you all give such great advice! Please forgive..:)

My second question 'o' the day is if anyone has any thoughts on where a good, casual place in South County (the closer to Narragansett the better) would be to host our rehearsal dinner.  We have about 30 people, and a realxed, fun c-a-s-u-a-l environment is a must!  We have, again, (see a them here?!) a tiny budget - about $18-20 pp including drinks.

BBQ, burgers, whatever-- just needs to be in South County, taste good, and be a place where people can get together and relax tand have fun the night before the big day!

Thanks again for your advice.  

Re: casual rehearsal dinner locations in South County

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my first thought is Trio
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for the same thing!  So far I have found the upstairs of Charlie O's, which I have not been to visit yet but I'm hoping I like and can book there.  You can rent the room and do a buffet, etc., someone sent me info and I think it was about $16 per person-ish. 

http://www.charlieosri.net/functions.html

Hoping there are some other suggestions, too!
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at Spain as well, I'm not sure about the price range for a buffet but it's worth considering.  Casey's is more inland but has good food and a private room as well and would most likely be in that range.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bunnybride, I sent Delite the information concerning Simon's (the upstairs martini lounge at Charlie O's). I'm happy to send the same info to you. We have a party of about the same size as yours, and I think the budget should work for you. They serve buffet style so it's pretty relaxed and the food is good.

I would definitely recommend going to see it - it's open from 4pm-last call on Wednesday through Saturday nights (I believe) at this time of year. No need to make a special appointment to see it, although I would call ahead if you're interested in booking to make sure a manager or the owner is there to talk with you. You basically can reserve the whole upstairs area for private parties for 3-4 hours.

If you're doing really casual, you might consider Yawgoo Bakes in Exeter. The prices are very reasonable and it would be fun in the warmer months.
  • Options
    Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all. Some good suggestions to check out. Jdolce --I just PM'd you with my private email.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone is interested I know it's not Gansett but I have a few locations I work with in Newport. Just an option.

Hope you all find the place of your dreams. Let me know if I can be of any help.

-Ryan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Bunny Bride - I used to work at CharlieO's and agree the upstairs would be nice for your crowd!  Last I knew, Chris (Simon) who is now the owner is there often, but I'm sure any manager would let you see upstairs if you tell them what's up.  There's always a manager on. 

Another idea is Connochet (calledNorth Beach Club I think?).  It's the little building in between the town beach and the Dunes Club in Narragansett.  there are some brides here who are getting married there, and it can definitely be super casual, and it's a gorgeous spot!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest North Beach club- but it depends what day you need it for.. because the rental rates in the summer are around 500-700 and that might blow your budget.

I am also looking for places but think we might use B+M clambake and just do a clambake at a house we are renting down in Gansett instead.

Also- Trio is good, and they have a more private room or the outside deck.

What about Red Stripe? Its the in plaza right where Marshalls is.

Caseys is good- but I dont know about a private room? I guess oyu can use the "upstairs" which is just a few stairs up from the main dining area

Also, there is a martini bar at the Mews upstairs that would work -and they are all about burgers and beers!!

Charlie O's is a good option or George's ( you could use the enclosed deck area likely).

There is also a smaller private room at Turtle Soup-- and their food is AMAZING
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up sending BunnyBride all of the Simon's/Charlie O's info and I'm happy to send it along to anyone else who would like - just PM me your email address.

Also, the upstairs at the Mews is an Irish pub now. Their martini bar closed and reopened as an Irish pub. I think it can still be rented out for private events, and it's a great space.
  • Options
    mommasocomommasoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't eat at the Mews if they paid ME!
    I would say Trio is your best choice or even Crazy Burger can do private events as well! 

Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_casual-rehearsal-dinner-locations-south-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:6379461c-e75d-46fa-b9f9-93e17521ed3dPost:bcb30ceb-6c2d-4313-aa15-048d97ca2378">Re: casual rehearsal dinner locations in South County</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't eat at the Mews if they paid ME! I would say Trio is your best choice or even Crazy Burger can do private events as well!  Good luck in your search!
    Posted by mommasoco[/QUOTE]

Omg! Good call. I didin';t even think about crazy burger in the back-- that area is really cute.

I do think the Mews food has gone downhill def. so I agree there. But you never know people's tastes (I;m kinda of a food snob) I'm sad to hear there is no martini bar there anymore though.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards