Wisconsin

Hotel Rooms

Any recs for hotels downtown Milwaukee to block rooms? I am looking for two hotels (each with a little different price point, one higher and one on the less expensive side). 

Also, my wedding is in october 2012, when is the best time to block rooms?

TIA!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary

Re: Hotel Rooms

• edited December 2011
    I'm not from MKE, but most hotels allow you to block rooms 1 year in advance, so you can get going on it now.  Definitely make sure you have the rooms blocked before you send out STDs or invitations. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I reserved a block at the Comfort Inn for $109/night, and the Hilton for $139/night. Both are very nice, and not bad prices in my opinion. The only one that had a higher price that I found was the Hyatt at $159/night.

My wedding is in June, and I reserved them about three months ago. It wouldn't hurt to set up the block now, just to be sure you have it. There aren't any fees or anything, so no reason not to :) HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ive stayed at both the Mariott and Hyatt right downtown and liked them both.

• edited December 2011
    Aloft is nice! You can block them for 109 a night!
  • kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I blocked mine this summer for my wedding in August 2012.  I booked them at Aloft and Hilton; each $139 a night.  But, also keep in mind that both of those charge $15-20 (and a lot of downtown hotels) for parking too.  I believe the double tree was cheaper at about $100.  The prices may be more because it's in the summer during their peak periods.  

Good luck!
    August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've blocked rooms at Hotel Metro ($179/night), the Hilton ($119/night) and the Hampton Inn ($109/night) for our May 2012 wedding. As kerkma mentioned, except another to pay for parking.
  • katiebakakatiebaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about downtown hotels, but depending on where your wedding is you may want to look into some blocks at a hotel by the airport -- they may be a little cheaper, you won't have to pay for parking, and it's not really hard to drive/navigate this area (I think).

I'd also maybe check out Visit Milwaukee. I used to intern there and I know that there are staff that work with brides to choose hotels for blocking. I didn't have anything to do with that so I don't really know how it works but they might be able to help you as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay to the previous post!!!! I work at VISIT Milwaukee and would strongly recommend getting your room blocks taken care of now.  There are many conventions/conferences that people don't think of and October is a very busy month.  If you need some help, talk with Brian at VISIT Milwaukee.  He can contact all the downtown hotels for you and get the best prices.  I am using Hampton Inn ($109) and the Hilton ($139).  Like you said, I wanted one a little nicer for family and one a little cheaper for those that just plan to crash there. 

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone- I made a couple calls today and might be getting the hilton (pending another group she needs to look into) for $129 and comfort inn.

thanks again!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards