Favors

Shot Glass wedding favors

Does anyone know of a good website where you can personalize shot glasses for your wedding favor?  We have decided this is what we want for our favor, and just need to decide on a good website.

TIA!!

Re: Shot Glass wedding favors

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say save your money on the personalization, honestly.  Most people don't want something with another person's name, monogram, or wedding date on it.  And I assume that's what you mean by personalized.  If you mean personalized with each guest's name, that's a different story.

Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Trix.  This is a favor that never sees the light of day.  I usually throw them out.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with personalizing them if you want to.  We generally don't pay much attention to what is written on the glass when we are taking shots.  I wouldn't throw away a shot glass just because it has someone's name/wedding date on it.  Free shot glasses are free shot glasses! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding last year where they had wine glasses as favors.  The glasses were etched with the fleur de lis from their invitation, but no name or date.  Love those...and use them.  I know where she got them because we had thought about them but changed our minds.  They were from www.discountmugs.com. They had all kinds of products.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    muffin's mom:  I like the idea of the fleur de lis etching.  That would make it more usable than having the B&G monogram on it. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but I stopped having a need for shot glasses once I passed out of my mid-20s.  I'd reconsider the gift.  Also, if you have a bunch of OOT guests, I'd rethink breakable gifts as they're a pain to pack, so many just get tossed.  Don't spend money on things people will not appreciate.
  • edited December 2011
    H's family are all drinkers so his parents/aunts/uncles/cousins/etc (most of them are past if not WAY past mid-20s) would love shot glasses.  One of H's cousins got married in June and they had shot glasses as their favors.  I saw people loading up on the ones that were left behind.

I'd say you just have to know your crowd.  H's cousin knew that most of the people at the reception would enjoy having a shot glass, and they were right.

If none or just a few of your guests are drinkers, then I would advise against shot glasses, but you certainly know your guests better than we do.
  • edited December 2011
    We're thinking of doing shot glasses and/or pint glasses, along with bottle openers. They'd be printed w/ our logo (not monogram, initials or names) and there would be just a few of each so the guests could choose which they wanted.

Of course not everyone will want them and some people will think it's lame, but it's going to be that way no matter you go with.

If you want shot glasses and they're within your budget, go for it. I, for one, would love it as opposed to candy or candle or picture frame. But, that's just my opinion and you know what they say about those............

And to answer your question, we will be getting them here:

http://www.logobarproducts.com/?page=home
  • edited December 2011

I love that ideas!

My sister did that at her wedding in may.
    http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/style/11-3/personalized-glassware/shot-glasses/ i think thats the right site we ordered from.

she said everyone liked them and i read about a lot of ppl giving out shot glasses as favors. i think its cute. hope this helps :)

• edited December 2011
    Ditto frogurt and muffin's mom.  A shot glass is one of those things where people don't tend to be picky about whether it comes in a matching set, and I'd never toss a free shot glass.  I would be more likely to grab it first if it had a design on it rather than names and dates - your wedding flowers, a design in your colors, a random icon you like, etc.

I've ordered frosted shot glasses from discountmugs.com before and they did a good job. 
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I say if you want to do shot glasses, do them.

Couple things available here:

http://www.foreverwedstore.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jenwen32jenwen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents (in their late 50's) still use the shot glasses from a friend's wedding (for mixing drinks, not necessarily taking shots LOL).  In fact, I believe they even took the one I got as well from that wedding, so I would definitlely say that they are a good choice.  FI and I are doing can koozies as FI collects them and it is a bit of a thing among our circle that we use them obsessively and use them everywhere.

I personally would rather have something I can take and use again (photo frames, candles/holders, glasses, etc.) than something edible that will probably be eaten before the main course is even served.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards