Wedding Party

bridesmaid gifts

Hi there.  I am looking for some creative ideas for bridesmaid gifts.  I see the same ideas on all of the sites and am looking for something unique.  I am thinking of doing the girly flasks for all, but am still undecided.

Please help!  :)

J

Re: bridesmaid gifts

• Read through a few pages, there are ton's of rec's from other people posting the same thing.
  • Just shop for them as if it were their birthdays.  The wedding industry has put it into brides' heads that BM gifts must be a) wedding related and b) the exact same.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Flasks?  Is this something all of your girls will use, really?

• YW, BTW

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:eed6c11a-dcca-4bcb-a39b-88606da5e740Post:1f0342da-9ec8-429b-94a8-23e3ab0fdff6">bridesmaid gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see the same ideas on all of the sites and am looking for something unique.  I am thinking of doing the girly flasks for all, but am still undecided.
    Posted by jenwed1[/QUOTE]

Here's your answer: don't look on websites for gift ideas. Think of your BMs, what they like, and buy them a present that you'd buy them for any non-wedding-related event. Then you can be sure they'll actually like it and use it rather than ending up with some trinket that's all about your wedding and not about their interests.
  • I think you can buy them the same thing if they all like the same thing...  Each of my attendants is getting a leather bound copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales, because all six like to read and all six are Disney nuts. 

Shop like it's their birthday, but I would focus on your shared interests.  That way it's not only a gift that they will like and treasure in itself, but it's a gift that will remind them of you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Definitely shop like its a birthday/Christmas gift.  That's the way you'll know that you've purchased something that suits each person.
  • Shop like their birthday.  Matching gifts are never necessary, but coordinated gifts can work for some groups. 

For ex, my DH met all his friends in a bar.  Their shared interest is hanging out and drinking beer and watching sports.  So they each got a mix and match of different kinds of beers that they like along with the appropriate glassware. 
  • I bought everyone something that fit their personalities. You can see all the gifts in my wedding bio.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards