Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Puerto Vallarta HM Booked!

So excited!  We delayed our honeymoon, but finally booked it to Puerto Vallarta.  We are staying at a brand new all inclusive adults only resort.  We will be the first guests to experience the resort, which is why we chose to stay there.  However, I'm also very nervous that not everything will be finished.

It'll be our first time ever going to Mexico.  Have several questions.  What do I need to know?  What do I need to see?  What do I need to do?

Is the water safe to drink?  I hear PV has the safest in all of Mexico.
Do they take US Dollars since its a touristy town?  Are the beaches warm?

Re: Puerto Vallarta HM Booked!

• Options

The water is definitely not safe to drink!!!   Don't even brush your teeth with it.  They do take US dollars, and the beaches are always warm!  I've gone in May, August, and December, and it's been gorgeous every time!   Have fun! 

• Options
    In terms of activities, when I visited Puerto Vallarta several years ago I did the following and would recommend all:
    -Horseback riding with Ranch el Charro
    -Zipline tour with Los Veranos Canopy Tour
    -Several spa treatments with Metamorfosis Day Spa
    -Walked along the Malecon and through the streets of downtown Puerto Vallarta
    -Day trip up to the mountain town of San Sebastian (we rented a car for this so I don't have any tour company recommendations)
  • Options
    I was there about 2 years ago for my brother's wedding and it was really pretty. We were there in June which I think is part of their rainy season so it pretty much rained every evening. Nothing really big, just a little shower and then it was over.

I would suggest bringing a large insulated cup or mug for your drinks as the plastic, non-insulated cups your given your AI drinks in are usually small and overall suck!

My brother and his wife did the zip lining and the 4 wheel tour and they loved both excursions. We all went off shore fishing and that was fun, a little rough because of the time of year but we still caught fish and had fun.

We ventured outside the resort on several occasions to go to the big indoor/outdoor market with no issues. We also took a taxi to a local club/bar called the Zoo and had an awesome time. It was maybe 5-6 blocks from our resort so we walked back at night in a big group with no issues and I never felt threatened. I would also suggest a little pizza place called La Roma (I think), it's right outside the entrance to the indoor market in the top floor of a two story building. The waiters, bartenders and staff were amazing. The food was great and they sell their own tequila which is wonderful! We brought two bottles back with us and I don't normally drink tequila!

The beach can be a little rough depending on the time of year you go, but overall we had a blast and I'm sure you will too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards