Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hilton Head

Hi all! FI's aunt and uncle have very generously offered us their beach house on HHI for a honeymoon (following our June 5 wedding)! We are thrilled as we did not think a honeymoon was in the cards for us this year, and we have never been on a vacation just the two of us. That said, we have been to HHI with family, but not together, alone. Any romantic or can't miss ideas? We will be staying in Sea Pines Plantation.  Thanks in advance!

Laura

Re: Hilton Head

• Options
    I Love HHI...As far as romantic places I am not to sure, have only been there on family vacations.  However some fun things to do, go to the top of the lighthouse, mini-golf or salty dog cafe...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a place called Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton (about a 20-25 minute drive from Sea Pines.  I would say it is a romantic MUST GO place for dinner and to just walk around.  Check it out on the web-we've been there 3 times and it's just an amazing dinner or drinks place with a gorgeous view. 
    http://www.palmettobluffresort.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
        I loooove Hilton Head!!  My family is part of the Disney Vacation club, so we have been going there for years.  There is so much to do.  The beach there is gorgeous and the area is so well kept and maintained. 
        If you enjoy just kicking back by the beach during the day and then going for drinks and food at night, you will have no problem whatsoever. 
        You should visit harbour town while you are there.  It is on the island and it is $5 to get in, but there is a beautiful lighthouse and lots of fun restaurants and shopping.  You can also do some water activities, at a cost, such as parasailing, waterskiing, etc. 
        As a note, you may need to be in the water for the majority of your trip because it will be HOT there in June.  We went in May one year and it was nice, but I would not choose to visit again during that time of the year because of the heat.  However, no matter what, you will have a great time because Hilton Head Island is a blast!  Enjoy yourselves!! :) 
  • Options

We stayed at the Main Street Inn on HHI (HIGHLY recommend it!) and took a 45 minute drive down to Savannah, Ga for the day.  We fell in love with Savannah and that's where we decided to have our wedding ceremony.  :-)  Savannah is VERY romantic with all the spanish moss on the trees, carriage rides, etc.  Highly recommend a day trip down there!  You can page me on the DW or Chicago boards if you want Savannah recommendations. 

As for HHI, I second Salty Dog Cafe - not terribly romantic, but still a lot of fun.  Sea Pines, if I recall, has a TON of stuff to do.  We ate at a really nice restaurant in HHI but for the life of me, I can't recall the name of it - I'll have to do a little research.  I know it wasn't far from the lighthouse and it overlooked the water... hmmm....

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Great idea about taking a day trip to Savannah! I may be paging you for some specific ideas as we get closer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards