Ohio-Toledo
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi ladies!  I was married on April 10th.  Here are my vendor reviews:

Ceremony and Reception - Crowne Plaza  A++++
Everything was perfect.  We had so many compliments on the food.  The wedding coordinator (Terri) was great too.  Also, the room that we had it in was so beautiful.  We didn't even need to decorate (besides flowers of course).  It was too windy to have the ceremony outside that day, but they accomodated us very well.  They took all of the tables out of our reception room and set it up for the ceremony.  The room overlooked the river which was really cool.  During the cocktail hour they turned the room back into reception space. Our complimentary suite was really nice too.  They offered us early check in to get ready which was really nice. 

Officiant- Mark Simon A+
Mark was very easy to work with and did a great job.  He was inexpensive too.  I couldn't believe what some people charge. 

Ceremony Music - Monet Legget (Harpist)  A+++
She did a great job.  She played for the ceremony and the cocktail hour.  Everyone enjoyed it.  She was also the best value in town if you ask me. 

Photographer - Cathy Kautz with Captured Moments A+++
Cathy was awesome.  The pictures turned out great.  She had them to me less than a week after the wedding.  I have heard of people waiting months to get their pictures, so I was pretty surprised.  The pictures were exactly what we wanted.  if you are looking for a great photographer but do not want to pay thousands of dollars, use Cathy!

DJ - Bob Norris with ClassAct A+
Bob kept the party going all night.  He was very professional and affordable too. 

Cake  - Wixeys A+
The cake was delicious!.  It was also very pretty.  I really wanted to get a fondant cake, but the Crowne plaza has an agreement with Wixeys so it made it easier to go through them.  I was very happy with my decision in the end.  It not only looked great, but tasted way better than fondant.  We had so many compliments on the cake. 

Flowers
My mom, sister, aunt and I actually did the flowers ourself the day before the wedding.  I purchased purple and white tulips from Bartz Viviano.  They were very inexpensive and beatiful.  It actually wasn't too much work at all.  It saved me a ton of money too.  I was able to make 10 centerpieces and bridal bouquet and three bridesmaids bouquets for under 200 dollars.  I even had some left over flowers to decorate the cake table :)

Dress - Atlas Bridal B
I didn't feel that the woman was very helpful here.  The dress was very pretty thoguh ( I found it on my own with no help from her).

Alterations - Sewandsuch  A
My alterations cost a bit more than I had expected.  They did a great job though.  My dress required quite a few bustle points so that's why it was more than I thought it would be.  My husbands uncle actually stepped on my dress during the reception and ripped out every one of the bustles on the left side of the dress.  I just tied the dress in a knot so that I could keep dancing. 

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!

Thank you so much for posting this! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting!  Do you have any pictures you'd like to share with us all? : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Cathy too and were so pleased with our pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for sharing!

My ceremony and reception are at Crowne Plaza in October, so I am glad to hear you had a great experience.  I have been please with their service so far.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sihasi is awesome!  I can't imagine why brides would pay 8 or $900 bucks for a DJ......insane!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards