Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

HELP!! I need suggestions!

My wedding is on December 10th and I am trying to make a list of songs for the ceremony so we can give the list to the DJ. I am stuck on finding prelude songs (enough to last 30 minutes prior to ceremony), a recessional song, and a couple of postlude songs. My fiance and I are serious country music fans so of course, I'm listing country songs but I also wanted some that aren't country. For the prelude, I want love songs that are not too incredibly slow but not songs you would break it down to on the dance floor! lol Of course for the recessional, I want a joyous, happy song. And for the postlude, I want a couple of love songs that are upbeat. This is what I have so far:
Prelude: The Gift- Jim Brickman, Love Story- Taylor Swift, Everything- Michael Buble, History in the Making- Darius Rucker, and Love is a Beautiful Thing- Phil Vassar. I need 5-10 more songs for the prelude.
And I don't have any ideas yet for the recessional and postlude. I welcome all suggestions.. they would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: HELP!! I need suggestions!

• stahlkcstahlkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm most likely using Ray LaMontagne's You Are the Best Thing for my recessional. It's upbeat and fun. I'd strongly suggest looking into music by Joshua Radin. He does a lot of sweet, but not TOO slow type songs. I really like, You Got What I Need, Lovely Tonight, Paperweight, and Streetlight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitlinA11CaitlinA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for those suggestions!

Anyone have any other ideas?
  • ckfarrell57ckfarrell57 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Caitlyn! I am the manager of the Three Rivers String Quartet and am also engaged and going through all of this planning. I would love to give you advice on songs as I know it can be overwhelming, being a fellow bride. Please feel free to give me a call and I can help you out with songs that aren't country if you think it will help. (412)563-2312. Some I can think of off the top of my head are prelude... Hey there deliah, just the way you are bruno mars, you're beautiful james blunt, no one alesha keys, etc... recessional bittersweet symphony, all you need is love beatles,my girl, brown eyed girl (if you have brown eyes)... I can go on and on :) You can email me if that would be easier as well. I love helping people plan their music, so I would be happy to help you!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're having a DJ, he or she should be able to pick songs for the pre/post-ludes that would go with what you've already selected. You're paying for the service (I imagine) -- let them provide it!

We used U2's "Beautiful Day" as our recessional.
  • herbsangelherbsangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for prelude music  waiting on a women brad paisley, something beautiful newsboys, crazy love brian mcknight, a moment like this kelly clarkson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards