Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Ring Woes (Vent)

Hey everyone I am about as stressed out as it gets. My fiancé proposed to me June 23 2012 and gave me a BEAUTIFUL ring. It wasn't the ring I wanted but was most defiantly in the top two. So I have tiny finger and I guess this is where the story starts. We got my ring sized down to a 4 3/4 even though I needed a 4 1/2. Well everything was going great until about a week after he proposed when I noticed I had a small diamond missing. I never put much thought into it we took the ring in yesterday and they replaced the diamond. We drove the 1 1/2 hours back home and when I was settling down for the night I noticed another diamond was missing. That is right two diamond fell out in less that 1 week of wear. I was very careful and everything so I didn't understand. We drove the 1 1/2 back to Jared today and they apologized and told me my ring was still under 30 day warranty and they could replace the diamond. I told them no that I wanted something else cause who wants to keep loosing diamonds from their engagement ring. The excuse valid as it may have been was "The ring was sized down to small which took the tension off the diamonds allowing them to fall out." The woman who sold us the ring got chewed out saying she should have know better than to have it sized down that far. They asked if I wanted to order the same ring in my size which would have cost 75 dollars more and took 45 days to get in. I think any girl would refuse that who wants to go without their ring for that long. I kept looking around and found a ring I wanted. They refunded our money and let us purchase the new ring. It was my first choice and I am so happy. I am still upset cause I grew to love my ring but, all things happen for a reason!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Ring Woes (Vent)

• Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. The sizing thing is a big deal especially with smaller fingers. Typically most rings come off the shelf in a 7 or 8. They should not be size up or down more than 2 sizes or they lose the tension and stability. I hope the new ring holds up well. As a previous poster asked did you get a lifetime warranty?
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    It happened to me. I lost 6 diamonds in 3 months after having my ring sized down.  They finally had to remake the ring in my size.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jnjmommy0609jnjmommy0609 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Congrats on the engagement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is exactly why my bf didnt but a ring, my ring size is 4 3/4 and the sales lady told him "I will be honest, dont buy a ring yet, you cant resize all rings that small and you can start to loose diamonds". So I am glad he didnt get me one.

Im sorry your first ring didnt work out but the sales person should have told him that. 

Congrats on your engagement! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of my rings were custom ordered in my size (4.5). I would make sure you have some sort of warranty on it. So long as mine goes in for inspection every 6 months, I am covered if a stone falls out.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_ring-woes-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a4501823-9b9a-4d44-979a-fec16dd72483Post:ce951b06-001c-4188-b3e9-dda761b5c787">Re: Ring Woes (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is exactly why my bf didnt but a ring, my ring size is 4 3/4 and the sales lady told him "I will be honest, dont buy a ring yet, you cant resize all rings that small and you can start to loose diamonds". So I am glad he didnt get me one. Im sorry your first ring didnt work out but the sales person should have told him that.  Congrats on your engagement! 
    Posted by KikiMira[/QUOTE]

This is one of the reasons we went custom and I helped design. I'm a size 4 but we bought a 4.75 due to a condition that makes my hands swell. We also went with a larger stone and those really need to have the setting made for them not a generic fits stones from x to z setting.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_ring-woes-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a4501823-9b9a-4d44-979a-fec16dd72483Post:b0d03002-a24b-42f2-bad2-1e588b113df5">Re: Ring Woes (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ring Woes (Vent) : This is one of the reasons we went custom and I helped design. I'm a size 4 but we bought a 4.75 due to a condition that makes my hands swell. We also went with a larger stone and those really need to have the setting made for them not a generic fits stones from x to z setting.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

<div>OOooo thats a good idea. It was wise of you to do a custom than, is there some sort of tempory filler to make your ring fit your finger when it is the size 4?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, glad things worked out!

My ring finger is a 4.5 so we had to have it sized down & it has a bigger diamond in the middle & a bunch of small diamonds going down the band on the side (my bands criss-cross) & thankfully i havent had a single diamond fall off in the last 7 months that I've had the ring. We also have a lifetime warranty on the ring incase the diamonds were to fall off or anything. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had to have my ring sized twice and I didn't have this issue with my side stones, despite how small it got.  However, my ring size did make it hard to get a band that would be able to be made in the size I needed.
  • Options

OOhh I would have been pissed too. My finger is a 4.5, and they were not able to just sixe it down, it had to be completely custom made, because exactly that would have happened! I am glad it all worked out for you in the end!

• Options
    I personally know two girls that have had issues with diamonds falling out of Jared rings very soon after getting them.  One even had hers replaced and when she picked it up, it was replaced with a really spotty, cheap stone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards