Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Honeymoons.

Where did everyone go ? And what excursions ?

Re: Honeymoons.

• edited December 2011
    Aruba it was an awesome trip !
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to one of the Excellence resorts in Cancun, either Playa Mujeres or Rivera Cancun.  We were at the one in P*nta Cana, and loved it so much that we want to go to another Excellence resort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're headed to St. Lucia (Sandals) with the zip line excursion and then to Disney with the FSS

EDIT:  We're at Sandals La Toc
  • flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    going to Saint Lucia....Sandals grande for 10 days
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • edited December 2011
    3 days in Disney World followed by a 7-night Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean (Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Disney's private island in the Bahamas).  Loved every minute of it so much we're going back this summer.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Qamea, Fiji, it was the bommmmbbbb!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:914db709-1167-410e-b850-17819af77714Post:65011697-b1f2-4143-8d45-d574dde5d237">Re: Honeymoons.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to Qamea, Fiji, it was the bommmmbbbb!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I am so insanely jealous!
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm... r any of these a problem for hurricane season. Our wedding is in Sept . i dont know what places have hurricanes in that month
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Most of the islands in the Atlantic will have hurricanes... get travel insurance... My parents were married 9/15 (in 1979) and have taken several anniversary trips in Sept.  They have never had a problem, but its a chance you take.

• Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Fiji for a little over 3 weeks and plan to island hop, explore, and snorkel.  The zipline sounds really cool.
  • edited December 2011
    The cruise was actually a terrific thing to do during hurricane season.  Rates are discounted because people get cautious, but a cruise ship is a good place to be during a hurriance if one pops up - unlike a land-based vacation, you can actually sail around the hurricane to avoid it!  We had to do this on the first night of our cruise...other than some rough seas that first day (which according to the crew weren't really bad at all) it didn't impact us at all.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:914db709-1167-410e-b850-17819af77714Post:08e8b396-a825-4633-b90c-feb764afb5c3">Re: Honeymoons.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Fiji for a little over 3 weeks and plan to island hop, explore, and snorkel.  The zipline sounds really cool.
    Posted by Santorini2011[/QUOTE] thats a long HM!! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to Aruba!  AND... Aruba is out of hurricane zone.  One of the big reasons we picked it.  We're doing an all inclusive (there are 3 I believe) but I hear that the food is amazing no matter where you are.  I just didn't want to have to budget for food & booze, so I did an AI.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Disney for 5 days and Jamaica for 7 days.    Loved Disney, disliked Jamaica .. the resort was great, the island was not.  The beach was amazing, but that was the extent of it - wandering off the resort property was a very scary thing to do.
  • edited December 2011
    We're heading to Sandals Grand Antigua for 5 days/4 nights. I'm not sure what excursions we'll do, if any, because for the most part, we'll be relaxing for 4 days without a 2 year old running around...

We'll *hopefully* be heading to disney/florida the following summer for a family vacation to take the kiddo. Unless of course, I'm KU. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • flyersgirl436flyersgirl436 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Well, looks like I'm the only non-island honeymooner here! We're headed off to upstate New York for a week. I'm a mountain lover and not as much a beach/hot weather lover. I would really love to be going to Italy, but that kind of trip is not in the budget. Should be really relaxing though! Everyone have fun on your Honeymoons!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going on a week-long cruise.  Turks and Caicos and Half Moon Cay and Nassau in the Bahamas. We're riding horses on the beach and kayaking. I simply cannot wait. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're headed to Secrets Maroma Beach for 10 days -  I cannot wait!
  • edited December 2011
    After much obsession, we decided on 5 nights on Puerto Rico for beach relaxation (at Rio Mar Wyndham) followed by a 7 night cruise of the Southern Caribbean with stops in St Marteen, St Lucia, St Croix, Antigua, and Barbados.  We didn't want to spend a ton on the honeymoon (since we're paying for the whole wedding) and I feel like I got a really great deal.  Cannot wait!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards