Wisconsin

DJ

Does anyone know of a good but reasonable DJ in the Racine/ Milwaukee area??

Re: DJ

• mandy270mandy270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just decided on Midwest Entertainment this week. I did a lot of research and they seemed to be best for what we were looking for and pricewise. We will be getting married next August and the price they quoted us was $820, and the wedding is over 50 mi away from their waukesha location. We are still deciding if we want to have any lighting upgrades with our package.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are also using Midwest sound, but it's their minneapolis office, and we did choose to have the uplighting, we got a quote of $795 for the DJ, and $825 for the uplighting, since we have a huge room that will take a bunch of lights.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_dj-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:3d89a138-6e19-4f58-9e22-c2b5bf43df02Post:feb2e944-f8d9-40bc-be5e-ffbd6567c8d1">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also using Midwest sound, but it's their minneapolis office, and we did choose to have the uplighting, we got a quote of $795 for the DJ, and $825 for the uplighting, since we have a huge room that will take a bunch of lights.
    Posted by amyMcD34[/QUOTE]

How long is your DJ playing for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeH30PaigeH30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I actually booked my DJ today.
    I am paying $600 for 7 hours and that also includes lighting.
    He seemed the most reasonable that i could find with the variety of music I wanted English/Spanish.
    All American DJ Service
    my DJ will be Kevin
  • bwisco123bwisco123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Midwest Sound as well -

$550 for 4.5 hours of music - still thinking about uplight.  Our wedding is in november so I booked during an off season for an off season wedding so our cost was cut down considerably because of those things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MelissaSavinMelissaSavin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Double Platinum DJ.  We are paying about $1,000 but it is unlimited time.  We went to a wedding where our friends paid only about $600-700 for a few hours and he was terrible!  This couple is the party couple of our group and hardly anyone stayed on the dance floor all night at a wedding with over 150 people.

Double Platinum played at my FI's cousin's wedding and he kept most of the 300+ people on the floor all night - seamlessly.  He wasn't intrusive or cheesy.

I can't wait for our wedding to see how well everything goes.

Hope you find someone who works for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NicnJen01NicnJen01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Midwest Sound, they usually have rates they'll negotiate at the bridal shows.  My FI used to work there, so he was happy with his co-workers and the talent he was able to observe first hand and definately wanted to go with them, we haven't looked anywhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using platter chatter.  They did my cousin's wedding and were great.  $750 for four hours of music.  They're very friendly.  The guy's name is Mason- my Dad used to work with him, so we're getting a discount.  http://www.platterchatterdjs.com/index.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards