Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Coonamessett Inn

Hey Ladies! Is anyone else here getting married at the Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth? If so, are you staying there the night of your wedding?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Coonamessett Inn

• edited December 2011
    I am! and yes I am staying there in the suite upstairs.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Was it part of your package or did you have to pay for the room??
  • edited December 2011
    You have to pay for it. You get a 10% discount along with parents. They do offer a one night stay when you finalize your details. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Okay Thanks Lisa! Did you get out of having to use the Casual Gourmet for cakes there? I really don't want to use them but felt like it was my only option!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I asked at our first meeting. I use Konditor Meister for everything so will be using them. They are out of Braintree but they deliver. The Cooney just said to make sure they don't deliver too early bc they are known for doing that :) 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    AWESOME! Thanks so much!!  It's getting so exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married there... staying in the cottage the night of our wedding and all of our bridal party rented out the smaller cottages surrounding. We just spent our free night down there to finalize details.... they kept feeding us wine on the house and we had a free dinner to taste anything on the menu-- we're going with the filet and baked stuffed shrimp-- delicious!

We also chose NOT to use the Casual Gourmet for our cake..... they really did nothing to impress us.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I'm so glad you got to taste the food! We chose the same dish as you but we didn't taste anything! They actually messed up and didn't put us down for a room on our wedding night and now they are booked from guests for a wedding the day after ours so they don't even have any room at the Inn! It's okay though we have a plan. Anyway, since you are using another baker is the Cooney charging you a fee to cut and serve the cake? You ladies have been so helpful! THANKS!
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?? No, I do not think there is a cake cutting fee..... but we're doing cupcakes anyhow so I didn't look into it too much. The food there is awesome.... we've eaten there a few times prior to booking and have never been disappointed and always FULL :) Also, if you are serving dessert with your dinner, the mud pie is absolutely to die for!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear! We are doing Mud pie for desert. We chose Filet & doing some sort of chicken. I'm glad you both chose dinners over stations! I've been going back and forth about it but I think the plated dinners will be better. I'm 8/20 what about you guys? 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_coonamessett-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:37d0457b-0fb9-456f-ac11-59ce13482387Post:9c2b6069-7665-43ac-8033-df5d5d3ef5d0">Re: Coonamessett Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to hear! We are doing Mud pie for desert. We chose Filet & doing some sort of chicken. I'm glad you both chose dinners over stations! I've been going back and forth about it but I think the plated dinners will be better. I'm 8/20 what about you guys? 
    Posted by lisaremmes[/QUOTE]

Both of my sisters had receptions there MANY years ago and one had stations and the other a sit down. They were 2 very different style weddings (one during the day and one at night) but I just liked the sit down feel in general. People raved about both to my parents, but what are they reall going to say....we hated it?? Haha! I'm 7-23-11...we wanted August but they were all booked up! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm June 4th! We're doing the filet and baked stuffed shrimp..... hopefully I won't be too nervous to eat it! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_coonamessett-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:37d0457b-0fb9-456f-ac11-59ce13482387Post:24cd6e72-4d01-4eca-9551-6d0663368fbf">Re: Coonamessett Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm June 4th! We're doing the filet and baked stuffed shrimp..... hopefully I won't be too nervous to eat it! ;)
    Posted by RebeccaDouglas18[/QUOTE]
    OHHHH So soon! So exciting!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

My FI and I just booked the Coonamessett Inn for our reception next may and our RD at the flying bridge. We both are very excited!! We are planning on doing the gold reception and i was wondering if anyone else has done that or will be doing that? If you did serve the gold reception ,how did your and your guests like it?

As for the ceremony, we are not sure to have it at a church or right there at the coonamessett..Any advice??

Any suggestions on a DJ/Photographer?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_coonamessett-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:37d0457b-0fb9-456f-ac11-59ce13482387Post:f6389011-1143-45f8-a39c-1d9f58aafbd0">Re: Coonamessett Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, My FI and I just booked the Coonamessett Inn for our reception next may and our RD at the flying bridge. We both are very excited!! We are planning on doing the gold reception and i was wondering if anyone else has done that or will be doing that? If you did serve the gold reception ,how did your and your guests like it? As for the ceremony, we are not sure to have it at a church or right there at the coonamessett..Any advice?? Any suggestions on a DJ/Photographer?
    Posted by KrisandDan[/QUOTE]
    Hi and congrats on booking the Cooney! I am getting married there in July but we are not doing the gold reception so I can't help you with that! You will love the food, but keep in mind for your RD that the meals are almost identical because they are owned by the same people so try to make sure that you order stuff for your RD that won't be served at your reception. As for church ceremony vs. getting married at Cooney that is totally a personal choice but I must warn you about how LOUD it will be at the Cooney ceremony site. It is right next to a major road so your guests will hear mostly traffic instead of your vows. The Cooney has a preffered list of vendors but keep in mind that those vendors pay the cooney to promote them. My DJ is awesome and affordable ($100 per hour) if you send me a personal message I can give you his info. He has done several weddings at the Cooney, but it isn't his full time job (he is actually a HS teacher) so he doesn't pay them to advertise in their package. Hope this all helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, this is a beautiful place, I want to have mine outdoor as well and this looks like the perfect place for it.  I cannot wait to go see it. 

Any of you doing the ceremony there as well? outside, that is what I would like to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards