Outdoor Weddings
Options

well the future hubby wants a camo weddin

my fiance wants a camo weddin which is cool cuz i act. wanted that to but idk how to do it my dress the flower every thing and use to i always had it in my head but now since its act. time to plan it i have no idea what to do lol some one help plz lol

Re: well the future hubby wants a camo weddin

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Personally, if it meant a lot to my FI, I would go with camo accents, such as camo vests for the guys, maybe camo trim on crinoline, possibly as subtle trim on dress (I would not do a camo dress). Some brides have had a camo cake (maybe have a camo grooms cake?). You could make fabric flowers with a camo print for bouts. Personally, I'm not a big fan of camo (unless Andy Warhol is involved), but I think it can potentially be done tastefully, if in moderation. You could have the bridesmaids wear a camo sash.
    I think it is important to honor what your FI wants, but don't lose sight of your own vision for your wedding in the process. Compromise, have the dress you always imagined and add small camo accents to the wedding.
  • Options
    WTH did you even ask?  I can't even understand even a little bit of that.
  • Options
    CMT used to have this show called my big red neck wedding....i saw a wedding like that on there so maybe google that? LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the redneck show.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options

Are you asking how to pull off a camo wedding? I'm confused too.

• Options
    Giggle. Camo is short for camoflague stuff that hunters wear.  It's ok. Most city folks and/or nonhunters get what camo means.  So don't feel bad.  I was in a tux shop where they had a really next camo tux jackets.  you could wear your dress and have like camo ribbon in the bouquets for yourself and the bridesmaids.  You could also decorate with the camo colors as a theme if youd like.  It can be pulled off! You just need to be creative!  Another idea is if your dress is all white you could get camo fabric and make a sash!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe do a bouquet with like, 2 or 3 different shades of green, couple white flowers, tie it together with a brown or camo ribbon?
    Ooh see if you can find camo print shoes!!! fun!!
  • Options
    We are doing mossy oak, The men are in mossy oak shirts, two of my bridesmaids wanna wear a mossy oak camo dress the other two in black and one in hunter green, check out camodivas.com!

for me im going all white with a mossy oak camo garter. I dont wanna over do it in general :)

main theme will be mossy oak and fall ;) 

We got a really adorable mossy oak guest book and ring bearer pillow got those on ebay.

Good luck!
    My Shoes :)Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_well-future-hubby-wants-camo-weddin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:aa1f63f7-aed3-4f91-8cb9-24450c729495Post:562c302b-c798-4a39-9b4f-64a7c2097765">Re: well the future hubby wants a camo weddin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Giggle. Camo is short for camoflague stuff that hunters wear.  It's ok. Most city folks and/or nonhunters get what camo means.  So don't feel bad.  I was in a tux shop where they had a really next camo tux jackets.  you could wear your dress and have like camo ribbon in the bouquets for yourself and the bridesmaids.  You could also decorate with the camo colors as a theme if youd like.  It can be pulled off! You just need to be creative!  Another idea is if your dress is all white you could get camo fabric and make a sash!
    Posted by SeptemberFall2011[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone was unsure of what camo is.  OP seemed like she was unsure how to incorporate camo with the classier elements of a wedding, and everyone else was confused because OP did not word her question very clearly. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    My FI only had 2 requests for the entire wedding:
    1.  The Mossy Oak vest & tie

2.  To have a chocolate layer in the cake

And he got both.  The vest & tie do not match my colors, the groomsmen are wearing navy vest & tie and the only other touch of camo is my garter, which he has no idea about.
    Its his wedding too, and although I wasn't crazy about the camo vest & tie (and I did try to talk him out of it) I also haven't made a big deal out of it either.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fairy:  FI wants the camo vest and tie too...but the groomsmen will wear it too as well.  it kind of disrupts our color scheme (black and pink), but makes him happy.  I had to put my foot down when they all wanted to wear camo cowboy hats too:)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_well-future-hubby-wants-camo-weddin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:aa1f63f7-aed3-4f91-8cb9-24450c729495Post:363a8a00-1db8-4987-ad24-5e3f7d1a78bf">Re: well the future hubby wants a camo weddin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fairy:  FI wants the camo vest and tie too...but the groomsmen will wear it too as well.  it kind of disrupts our color scheme (black and pink), but makes him happy.  I had to put my foot down when they all wanted to wear camo cowboy hats too:)
    Posted by cody+mandy2010[/QUOTE]

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one that did put her foot down some.  His GM wanted to wear camo too but I really didn't want it.  I went to pick out the tux, vest & ties before they went to be measured.   OMG, I didn't know they made camo cowboy hats. :)
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards