Illinois-Chicago
Options

DO YOU HAVE DREAMS ABOUT YOUR WEDDING DAY GOING WRONG?

I am a month away, and the last few months I have been having "nightmares" of my wedding day not going perfectly, such as no one shows up, my hair and make-up are never done, food is missing, etc.

Am I the only Bride having these dreams?

Also, the closer I get to the wedding, I feel like I am going to Throw up from nervousness-more so nervousness from wanting things to work out perfectly.

Any thoughts or does any other Knottie share my thoughts too?

Re: DO YOU HAVE DREAMS ABOUT YOUR WEDDING DAY GOING WRONG?

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are "knot" alone (hehe). Almost every bride I have talked to has had wedding dreams, I know I had them too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp, I have had several already! I woke up on time and my heart was still racing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the dreams too, and I'm not even worried about things working out!

OP - relax!  It may be a huge event in your life, but when you get down to it, it is just a party!  Remember that!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for making me feel better Cool
  • Options
    Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I'm 9 months out and I've had 3 pretty horiffic wedding dreams.  (lol the worst one was where I somehow was in a coma and my fiance had to finish planning everything and I woke up in time to be married and see how awful everything was)

You're definitely not alone
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm less than 3 months out and they somewhat just started but yes, I've had dreams! the last one was that no one showed up to the church, just me and him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_dreams-wedding-day-going-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:a2f0bc7f-e17f-40b8-b686-a82d1181cee0Post:d21b7d87-48d6-469f-a20c-0f6d2b5fba51">Re: DO YOU HAVE DREAMS ABOUT YOUR WEDDING DAY GOING WRONG?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm less than 3 months out and they somewhat just started but yes, I've had dreams! the last one was that no one showed up to the church, just me and him!
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

I have had this dream as well....Oh Boy! Glad to see I am not alone
  • Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not alone! I'm over a year away from the big day and I have had a few "nightmares" already....the worst was that it was an hour before the wedding and I was at Walmart trying to find a dress lol
    Vacation
  • Options
    WinterWed17WinterWed17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely have wedding nightmares too. They are definitely not fun.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never wake up in a panic though which is very weird!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weddingmares are normal to have. When so focused on the wedding that it seeps into our subconsious... I had a few doozies before our wedding.

Not to worry, just repeat three times before you go to sleep: no bad dreams, no bad dreams, no bad dreams, it really helps!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had many nightmares.  My worst was that we had forgotten to send the invites out (this happened while I was having issues decided which of my designs to go with) and that we didn't have the headcount for the country club.  So they didn't have enough food or tables.

I also had a nightmare that I hadn't booked a salon for hair and makeup and was rushing the last minute to try to do it myself and I looked like a hot mess. 

Usually all my nightmares seem to align with my current wedding stresses. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_dreams-wedding-day-going-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:a2f0bc7f-e17f-40b8-b686-a82d1181cee0Post:07011a87-a4f1-4902-b75f-a5b29e15e9e1">Re: DO YOU HAVE DREAMS ABOUT YOUR WEDDING DAY GOING WRONG?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had many nightmares.  My worst was that we had forgotten to send the invites out (this happened while I was having issues decided which of my designs to go with) and that we didn't have the headcount for the country club.  So they didn't have enough food or tables. I also had a nightmare that I hadn't booked a salon for hair and makeup and was rushing the last minute to try to do it myself and I looked like a hot mess.  Usually all my nightmares seem to align with my current wedding stresses. 
    Posted by arteduc8[/QUOTE]

I completely agree!!! They were aligned with my dreams ...Weird now that I think about it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards