Illinois
Options

How far out did you book wedding/reception venue?

I've been just researching reception venues and I've heard about how you have to book so far in advance. I have only been checking their wedding packages for pricing right now, haven't actually gone to visit any or asked about availability. One place I did check said they only had one Saturday night available in May 2012 and that was pending a booking. Like I said, I'd heard about this but was still surprised when they said that!

So I'm wondering how far out everyone booked their wedding/reception venue? Trying to get a handle on realistically how far out we need to plan/book.
Daring to dream a bigger dream

Re: How far out did you book wedding/reception venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!!!

Well, i know most of people book their venue like up to 2 years in advance and go from there with the planning.

In my case, i got engaged in december 2010, and started the plannig in January 2011, by february we looked at venues and found the one at the Meridian Banquets in Rolling Meadows,Il.....and we get married this july 30, 2011! So i booked like 6 months ago, much less that average timing on the rest of the brides.

Good luck and enjoy the planning! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was engaged at the beginning of April and started visiting sites a few weeks later. I wanted to jump on that because I wanted a June 2012 wedding and of course June is a big month. I visited four locations and wanted the dates June 23rd or 30th and all locations had openings for a least one of the dates, which gave me the sense that they were starting to fill. So the sooner you get out there the better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

We got engaged late Oct. '10 and decided we wanted to get married this summer, so we booked venues right away in Nov. I'd say a year out would be good to make sure you get the places you want, as well as the major vendors (photographers, Dj, etc.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    vmoran32vmoran32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked in Novemebr 2010 for a March 2012 wedding. I can't believe that places were already booked especially sicne I am off season. I know several places are already booked through October 2012
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked my November 30 2012 wedding at the beginning of the month, my mother urged me to do it asap so the date would be avaliable.
  • Options
    dugginjoycedugginjoyce member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine a year and a half in advanc. Good thing to because the month of june fills up fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards