Louisiana-New Orleans

NOLA favors??

Hello to all NOLA brides!! I moved to KY awhile back but Im orginally from NO but unfortunatly I cant have my wedding down there and Im stuck doing it in KY. But neways, I wanted to bring my love for my hometown out in the favors and welcome baskets for the guests. But Im not sure what would be good for it. Any and ALL ideas are welcomed! Thank you!!!

Re: NOLA favors??

• edited December 2011
    We did Hubig's pies and they were a huge hit! Hubig's is awesome to work with and they will ship. It's a great way to include NOLA in your day. Also, think about using Abita beer, pralines, Zatarain's, Tony's, etc in your welcome baskets.

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    You can also check out Bayou country store - we're having Pralines sent to our Vegas wedding they've got a lovely selection of Louisiana themed gifts.  GL

http://www.bayoucountry.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KirstenlKirstenl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas so far ladies! Thank u!
  • dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of people including Zapp's in their welcome bags.   I like the idea of dark chocolate fleur di lis. 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • edited December 2011
    I just have general suggestions....Hubig's pies, personalized "Mardi Gras cups," personalized Mardi Gras beads?, pralines...

You could also do "anything" with a fleur-de-lis stamp on it, for example, chocolate with a fleur-de-lis stamp, flip-flops (I dunno) w/fleur-de-lis....etc.

ETA: I think you can also get personalized hot sauce, Louisiana-style :)

Good luck and let us know what you decide! Smile
  • dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you can also do individual slices of king cake.  Yum!
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of getting personalized Mardi Gras 'throw' cups, but would your guests get it, or would they think you're just giving thm plastic cups? Maybe do a cup with a bottle of hot sauce and a Hubig's pie or wrapped praline inside?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KirstenlKirstenl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE ALL the ideas ladies! Wish I could do them all! I dont know what Im gonna decide yet...but when I do I'll let you ladies know! GO SAINTS and LSU!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards