June 2012 Weddings

Just set our date :)

Hey everyone!

I am new to the boards and The Knot. My fiance and I got engaged at the end of May, and have just set the date for our wedding. It is going to be Saturday, June 2, 2012.

I am very excited to get started with the planning, and look forward to giving and reciving help from every one on here! Laughing

-- Melanie
June 2012 - August Sigggy Challenge: The Dress imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just set our date :)

• Congratulations! My fiance, Joe, and I just set ours tonight too. 6/9/12!! Its not definite but most likely. It might even be the 2nd! Anyways, im newly engaged too and just signed up on here tonight. Hoping to get some ideas from my fellow SOFLO girls. Congrats again. -Katie
  • Well congrats to you too! I am also a South Florida bride, so maybe we can really help each other out a lot! lol Congrats again, and happy planning :)
  • Hi!!!! I'm also from South Florida lol. I have my venue, church, and photography booked so let me know if you need any help with any of those aspects. I'm looking forward to planning a fun filled two with you girls. Happy planning and congratulations :)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! Im in Stuart. Where are you located? Im soo happy I can get to know some Brides in my area that are wedding in June. What type of wedding are you planning on? Outside, church...
  • Melissa I cant believe you have everything all booked. Your too cute. I do have my ceremony and reception locations picked out. Although my reception location im nervous wont hold the amount of people I have attending. =/
    Im glad I can get to know you and get some help. I cant wait for this journey!
  • Thanks girls :) I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and I am very excited to know there are other brides on here from my area getting married at the same time! lol

I am thinking about a beach wedding, not really sure yet... I have not done much planning as far as places are concerned, but I have bought some things already... I probably wont look at anything like venues until the end of the year
  • edited August 2010
    Hi :) I'm from Miami. I was previously going to get married in 2011, which is why i have those major things booked lol. I really want to have a summer wedding due to the colors and my teaching job. However, my sisters 15 birthday celebration cruise is going to be June 2011. I really didn't want to steal her spot light, so i changed my date to June 2012. The venue, church, and photographer didn't give me any hassle for the date change...thank god. Katie, I hope everything turns out good for the reception. You should call or meet with them to verify the capacity. Have a good day girls :)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melissa - That was really nice of you! Now I see why you have everything done already. I definitely am going to start booking things starting in the beginning of next year.

Melanie - I am doing something similar to a beach wedding also. My FI and I are big into boating and fishing, so there is a location right next to the local sandbar we go to here, so we are going to be on the water at a park. I cant wait. My dream wedding was actually taking my boat and friends boats to the sandbar, but with over 200 guests its not really possible. Oh well, this is second best.

What are you girls doing for colors? I was thinking Coral and Blue, I like a darker sea blue...but my cousin said that I can do different color blues too. Do you girls think thats okay? Not too many different colors, but a few variations.

• I'm planning on having pale pink or coral in my wedding. Instead of having different colors in different aspects of the wedding, we decided to stick to one color in different shades. I love the idea of doing different shades of blue. It will definitely blend well with your boating theme. I have my color palette on my planning bio if you girls need any ideas :o)
  • Oh great. I will have to look since you are doing pink-coral colors. Thanks!
  • edited August 2010
    You welcome...I hope it helps a little :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards