Hawaii

New to the Board - June 2013 West Maui Bride

I thought I'd say a quick hello! I have been taking a peak at this board for the past couple weeks since we decided to have our wedding in Maui.  I've had my dress for a while, I just booked our photographer, in the process of booking the minister, so we've got the essentials covered!

We are having a very small wedding (11 guests, max, probably more like 5) so I am doing this without a WC, so far so good. 

Can anyone suggest a florist for west Maui? And cake place? It sounds like some florists have a minimum order unless you go through a WC, and since all we need is a bouquet and bout, I will not be able to meet any sort of minimum a florist may have!

Re: New to the Board - June 2013 West Maui Bride

• edited December 2012
    I used Dellables and absolutely LOVED them.  You don't have to have a WC to work with them, but they may have minimum orders just because they are so busy.  Might be worth a shot anyways.
    I don't think you need to use a wedding coordinator...you will save yourself money that way.  Good luck and congrats.  Getting married in Maui is awesome!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_new-to-the-board-june-2013-west-maui-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:62dd270a-a31e-4eb2-bc9e-164c019699edPost:54d38417-b6f3-41da-83cc-615e4849f761">New to the Board - June 2013 West Maui Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought I'd say a quick hello! I have been taking a peak at this board for the past couple weeks since we decided to have our wedding in Maui.  I've had my dress for a while, I just booked our photographer, in the process of booking the minister, so we've got the essentials covered! We are having a very small wedding (11 guests, max, probably more like 5) so I am doing this without a WC, so far so good.  Can anyone suggest a florist for west Maui? And cake place? It sounds like some florists have a minimum order unless you go through a WC, and since all we need is a bouquet and bout, I will not be able to meet any sort of minimum a florist may have!
    Posted by NotteeCharlie[/QUOTE]
  • I'm not sure if my florist requires any minimums, so I won't recommend any.

However, I will recommend Heidi from Maui Sweet Cakes. She has been fantastic to work with, gets raving reviews, and does beautiful work.
    http://mauisweetcakes.com/

Welcome to the board from anyother June 2013 Maui bride. :)
  • Thanks, ladies! I have been to the Dellables website and was wondering about whether I had to go through a WC with them. I will definitely be checking with them to find out minimums! And Maui Sweet Cakes website is so pretty in itself, nevermind the cakes....so excited for June!
  • We used Dellables. Della is so sweet and super creative! She does everything from big weddings with lots of flowers to weddings on the beach with just a bouquet. I definitely recommend contacting her. All of her staff was super helpful and a joy to work with.
    Anniversary
  • I am getting married in May and am working with MaryAnn of Ha'awina farms for my flowers. She specializes in making leis and you can see some samples of what she does on facebook under Ha'awina farms. Her prices are very reasonable and she will design what you want and also deliver to you. A few other brides have used her on this forum which is how I found out about her. She is super sweet on the phone and so far I've had a very good vibe from her. Just as a disclaimer, I am very not picky about flowers and asked her for bride bouquet, bride/groom leis, leis for our family and loose flowers to use with our centerpieces. The nice thing is no minimum to worry about with her!
  • Welcome!

I got married a few weeks ago and I suggest:
    - Heidi from Maui Sweet Cakes (our dessert bar was a huge hit! And she is SO GREAT to work with!)
    - Michelle of Pacific Blue Floral (I'm not quite sure if she is still doing weddings, but she had no minimum and her prices are FANTASTIC. Nothing I was too shocked over. Contact her anyway to see...)
    - Cherise of The Perfect Wedding if you decide on a wedding planner. She is so great! I loved her!

PS Currently writing up my reviews on weddingchannel.com/theknot.com so look out for them! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Dellables for flowers. Check out her Facebook page to see examples of her work - beautiful! And she is so sweet and reasonably priced.

For cake, I recommend Cakes by JoAnn. The best cake I have ever tasted, great flavor combos. I think she will even ship you cupcakes to do a tasting beforehand.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards