Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Hi Iowa Ladies!

Hello from Western NY!

My Fi and I are planning a honeymoon to Iowa. We are total country folk who wanna go somewhere rural and beautiful. We have been discussing going to Dubuque, IA and bumming around that area. I tried looking online for what life is like in your state, but I keep finding all these reviews from people who didn't seem to appreciate rural life in the first place.

So if you have a minute, I'd like to hear about life in Iowa. What is the best part about it? What would you change? Thanks girls!

Re: Hi Iowa Ladies!

• Options
    sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    sdose13sdose13 member
    edited December 2011
    Also, those reporters listed on that site, Mike Kilen and Kyle Munson, would more than likely answer any questions you have/had. Both are very well-traveled in Iowa.
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    I was reading my travel & leisure magazine last night and to my surprise - saw Mason City, Iowa in there!  Apparently they have the last Frank Lloyd Wright building there and just spent a TON restoring it and making it into a pretty cool hotel ...

http://wrightonthepark.org/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your honey moon?  Waterloo Iowa has the National Cattle Congress, my home town has a huge national horse sale. 

Amana Colonies are always fun! 
  • Options
    BreVBreV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed! Amana Colonies are fun or Lake Rathbun Resort, very outdoorsy and has lots to do!
  • Options
    I agree, the Honeycreek Resort at Lake Rathbun is both rural and beautiful. It really lets you enjoy the outdoors. They have updated lodges to rent that would be perfect for a honeymoon. Lots to do and see there around the lake. We live in Agency, IA currently , however, I've lived in Soux City and Ames too. I wouldnt trade living in Iowa for anything, there is no better place. Lots of farming and hardwork but folks are friendly and the living is pretty cheap. I'm glad you considering to visit us!

http://www.honeycreekresort.com/

• Options
    For beautiful scenery visit guttenburg ia right next to the good ole mississippi river!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards