Second Weddings

Ideas on how to incorporate my kids from first marriage into my Second Wedding!!

This is my 2nd Wedding and will be his 1st.  I have 2 kids from my previous marriage and am looking for ideas on how to incorporate my kids into the wedding. We aren't having a big wedding, we are having it in Vegas probably and just having close family & friends there. I have a daughter who is 9 and my son is 5. I am wondering how other people have done this in the past or what others are planning on doing. Any opinions, advice or ideas will help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas on how to incorporate my kids from first marriage into my Second Wedding!!

• There are two threads above in the "sticky" notes that address thoughts on this.  Just FYI
  • I agree, read the "posted" thread at the top about family ceremonies.

However, your daughter could be a junior bridesmaid and your son the ring bearer. There's nothing wrong with having your children in your wedding party. We did this and they loved being a part of it.

Congrats on finding the right guy this time. Looking forward to hearing about your wedding!
  • I posted this on the other thread.  I am having my kids in the wedding and have put them on the invites with their permission.  They have a very close relationship with both their father and stepmom and love their future stepdad so they are excited.  
    I married my best friend, my heart and soul! Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a pic on my Wedding Ideas board for something that I thought would make a perfect unity candle for a blended family if you had the right number of people:

http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/

This probably wouldn't work for a Vegas themed wedding, but maybe something similar where you all have a candle and light a big one together?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

•  My children are older than yours 15 and 20 and my FI's kids are 10 and 14.  My oldest son is actually marrying us. In MA you can apply for a one day JP. My youngest son is walking me down the aisle. His daughter is a JR bridesmaid and his son will be the best man. After we say our vows one will be read to the kids about being part of the family.  We are also doing the sand ceremony, the blending of two families.  I think mentioning them during the ceremony will be special. At the reception we will be dining at the same table. Our first family dinner.
  • thanks for the responses & ideas everyone! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The biggest thing is to ask your children what they want to do. My three each had defined roles they wanted to play. We are using an hourglass and 5 different colors of sand to celebrate the creation of our new family as a part of the ceremony. There are a lot of good ideas from all the ladies here
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards