September 2013 Weddings

Good Monday

Morning. How was everyone's weekend?

We got a lot checked off this list this weekend. On Friday I went and picked up my dress (she is perfect), on Saturday we did a dessert tasting (again, perfection), and on Sunday we did our first registry at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Today I am working until 1, then I have class until 4 (definitely not prepared), and then I have a phone interview at 4:30. I'm so nervous -- this is basically my dream job, so I obviously really want to knock it out of the park.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good Monday

• That is awesome. Yay for all the checks!!

FI and I started putting the invites together...I know its early but since Im doing them myself theres a lot that goes into it so Im glad we atleast started it lol
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FI and I ordered furniture Saturday.  It was actually sort of fun because we went with things that were very different than we originally thought.

We also sat down and planned out our honeymoon.  There were five different ways to book it and we found out we could save $300 doing it one way as opposed to the others.  We're going to book everything over the next few weeks so it's nice to have that all figured out.

It's going to be a busy week, but everything is starting to fall together so that's pretty exciting!
  • We scheduled a meeting to go pick out our wedding day china. My caterer doesn't have enough china to accomdate our party, but he recommended a great company that was about 1.5 hours away. I decided rather then just calling and placing the order online to go there in person and see the options for myself. Can't wait!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_good-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b0f24f58-a02b-41e4-acae-54b92d0e92d0Post:8bdb9bd2-084b-47fe-9126-ee8540873761">Good Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. How was everyone's weekend? We got a lot checked off this list this weekend. On Friday I went and picked up my dress (she is perfect), on Saturday we did a dessert tasting (again, perfection), and on Sunday we did our first registry at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Today I am working until 1, then I have class until 4 (definitely not prepared), and then I have a phone interview at 4:30. I'm so nervous -- this is basically my dream job, so I obviously really want to knock it out of the park.
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>GOOD LUCK on the phone interview! Make sure to be yourself and I'm sure everything will go well!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This was a weekend full of checks for me as well!

My dress is in and fits so well the only alterations will be the addition of bra cups.  Invitations came in - perfect so I ordered the pocketfold supplies. Picked and ordered bridesmaids dresses (in under an hour, including sizing.  I think my girls love me even more now haha!).  Assembled centerpieces with FI and packed them away.  Ordered FI's wedding band and our honeymoon airline tickets this morning, and updated the budget - those were the last two big unknowns and now I know we're going to come in way under, hallelujah!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This weekend I took a break from wedding planning and relaxed. Spent Saturday morning with fmil then Saturday night my bridemaids and I had a girls night. I did get in touch with the florist the guy who took our order quit and throw all his orders so I had to redo my order. I feel bad for all the other ppl who made orders with him that are now in the trash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't do anything weddign related this weekend. I don't have much left to do. I just have to finish decorating my frames for my table names, finshing my bridesmaids hangers and order my wedding cake.mpickl, good luck on the job interview. I am quite sure you will get the job. Everyone else, have a great day!!!!
    Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a great weekend, too!  (Thank goodness - not feeling any stress right now)

WR:  Hit Joann's and Pat Catan's for supplies (card box, flowers, and guestbook)

NWR:  Went to brunch on Sunday with a small group of amazing women (and a certain young man (10 months) who has to be the cutest nephew ever)!  Great food, great drinks and much-needed time together.

mpickl - Good luck on the job interview!!  I second the "be yourself" advice.  :-)

Happy Monday, y'all!

-Melissa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Happy Monday, indeed.  

NWR: My work week started yesterday, and so far it sucks.  Not enough sleep, rude neighbors, not enough time to get everything done at work, children wrecking displays at the store.  Ugh.

WR: I booked the engagement photo session for May.  The photographer still offered us the discount to close the balance on the wedding photography.  Now he's offering $100 off a storybook album- the guy is a salesman, I give him credit.  I received my last samples to choose my pocketfold bases for my invites, so I can finally order STD's and the pocketfolds this week!

Now, time to figure out the salon for day of hair and makeup.  So much to do, so little time! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards