Snarky Brides

A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire

Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire

• That board looks awesome Duds.
  • Duds- we're total cheaters because I just saved the ones from my work.. hehe, all the expensive ones too ;)

We got enough in like, one month, lol
    Photobucket
  • That's an AWESOME looking board!! I LOVE IT!

And yup! I'm back in eff town. It's cold and raining. BOO.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    1) Do you collect anything? Books. I work in a bookstore, so I have WAY too many!

2) What's your favorite flower? Lilies and lilacs.

3) What's your favorite candy? Snickers.

4) Are you obsessed with anything? Twilight (don't judge me!), reading

5) Silver or Gold jewelry?Silver. My engagement ring was gold (it is a heirloom; H knows not to buy me anything gold), and I loved it, but it made my skin tone look weird. I don't wear my e-ring now that I'm married, just the band.

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day? My wedding band and my Claddaugh ring.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:523d2178-6a3c-47a8-b3d0-3d655c081d34">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) Do you collect anything?  Books. I work in a bookstore, so I have WAY too many! 2) What's your favorite flower?  Lilies and lilacs. 3) What's your favorite candy?  Snickers. 4) Are you obsessed with anything?  Twilight (don't judge me!), reading 5) Silver or Gold jewelry? Silver. My engagement ring was gold (it is a heirloom; H knows not to buy me anything gold), and I loved it, but it made my skin tone look weird. I don't wear my e-ring now that I'm married, just the band. 6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day? My wedding band and my Claddaugh ring.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I would kill for your job.
  • 1) Do you collect anything? Vintage cameras & shot glasses

2) What's your favorite flower? Dhalias, tulips, ranunculus

3) What's your favorite candy? PB cups

4) Are you obsessed with anything? I go through phases

5) Silver or Gold jewelry?Silver.

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day? E-ring & earrings, I wear a watch, but only to work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:e0d77098-618a-4de6-9286-a143cfbaaab7">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire : I would kill for your job.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

<div>You should hear about the discounts.</div><div>
    </div><div>But, you should also hear about the creeps I have to deal with sometimes, the theft, the laziness, and the times I've had to call security. It kind of evens it out.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:e50d56f1-d84f-49da-a206-918a86b439f1">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire : You should hear about the discounts. But, you should also hear about the creeps I have to deal with sometimes, the theft, the laziness, and the times I've had to call security. It kind of evens it out.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

Ya, I know exactly what you're talking about because I deal with it on a daily basis at work too. Hahaha.

But I think the discounts would more than make up for it.
  • Okay CCF, I'm getting pretty bored so I'll add some questions:

Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe?

Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever.

Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile?

Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes.

Now name one for young guys.

Photobucket
  • edited May 2011
    1) Do you collect anything? no not really. I have a lot of books but I don't consider it collecting. I just adore reading.

2) What's your favorite flower? I love non-red/non-white roses- any other shade :) I also think peonies are gorgeous.

3) What's your favorite candy? dark chocolate reeses

4) Are you obsessed with anything? my nook and reading

5) Silver or Gold jewelry? White gold

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day? My wedding band and e-ring along with a single pearl necklace in a white gold setting.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited May 2011
    1) Do you collect anything?
    Does dust count?  I've started collecting Swarovski crystal, but haven't gotten very far yet.

2) What's your favorite flower?
    Roses and Calla lillies

3) What's your favorite candy?
    It's a tossup between peanut M&Ms, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and Jelly Belly Jelly beans

4) Are you obsessed with anything?
    Where my next book is coming from and when I can ice skate the next time.

5) Silver or Gold jewelry?
    White gold

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day?
    The Tag Heuer watch I got after my divorce and small white gold hoops.  Now, I've added my e-ring and soon, my wedding ring.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:b9fc7c1a-09ff-47c7-a80e-234b896bc453">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI saves beer caps. Every.single.one since he turned 21. No joke. We have THOUSANDS in our storage room.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

I do that too. In fact friends throw caps at me when they open their beers because they know I keep them. I have no idea why I do but one day i'll do something cool with them. I keep wine corks too.
  • 1) Do you collect anything?
    Little boxes. My mom started buying them for me as souvenirs and I just stuck with it. So a pottery one from Cancun, a bone china one from England, etc. Also, penguin stuff. I haven't bought any new penguin stuff in awhile (other than clothes) but I have tons of stuffed animals/figurines from high school. We plan on having a penguin nursery to utilize it all.

Lilies, peonies

ALL of it. I cannot pick a favorite. I particularly love candy with caramel or sour candies.

Chemistry in general, particularly Mass Spectrometry. Which works out great, since I get to go to graduate school for it in the fall.

I generally prefer wearing white metals (white gold, silver and platinum) but I do have some yellow gold and rose gold pieces that I love. I prefer wearing gold (of any color) over silver because of the tarnishing aspect.

My engagement ring. I also wear diamond studs my Dad bought me when I was 12 everyday. I usually have on a sapphire and diamond cross that FI bought me for me first communion/confirmation.
  • Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe? Nope. I'm extremely self conscious.

Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever.  I had a guy use a status card the other day and they're required to fill out a form after (just their address and sign). I handed it to him and explained what to do. He ended up yelling at me and saying he couldn't read or write. He eventually came back and apologized a few times.

Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile? Sometimes and probably. Usually with pictures it's fake.

Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes. Short shorts. Especially when it's still -40 outside.

Now name one for young guys. Skinny jeans. Seriously. This "fad" needs to die!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already answered these questions.  I feel cheated.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:0945712d-7616-460b-ba69-6823980c67c2">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I already answered these questions.  I feel cheated.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait, wait, is this why I had major deja vu answering? Has CCF done this EXACT poll before? </div>
    Photobucket
  • 1) Do you collect anything?
    No. Shoes?

Peonies.

Dark chocolate and sour patch kids (the red ones). I don't like any other candy. it's gross.

My dog, decorating, and at the moment: the royal wedding.

Both. I love both very much. I have a lot of each, and wear each on a regular basis.

A ring I got in Ireland that has the symbol for the Holy Trinity on it. I've worn that every day since I got it in 2003. It's getting thin. I also wear a small silver cuff at all times. It is engrave with "LIve, Laugh, Love." My cousin's wife gave it to me for college graduation. And now, my engagement ring. I also wear a different pair of earrings every day, and feel naked without them.

Add your own questions if you'd like!
    Biggest financial splurge that wasn't financing a house or education or vehicle:
    I bought a ton of furniture all at once on Spring Break last year. I got tired of all the hand me down furniture that made our house look like a dorm room. So I bought a dining room set, 2 couches, and a beautiful computer hutch solid oak desk. I spent over $4000 on a 2 hour trip to the furniture store.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe?
    No, never, ever. Unless I had a smokin bod an no cellulite. Then, maybe. I'd have to be somewhat drunk.

Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever.
    I worked for a cell phone company while in college. It was horrible. One guy came in who had shaved legs, wore really tight shorts that appeared to be suffocating his balls, and looked like a serial killer. He was so creepy. I didn't talk to him.

Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile?
    Yes. I hope it's different. It looks stupid in pictures. Hopefully I really don't look that stupid.

Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes.
    Feaking Uggs that match their shirts. It's a trend at the middle school wear I work.  So if they're wearing a pink shirt, pink uggs, red shirt, red uggs....on and on...all the colors imaginible. and really holey jeans.
    Now name one for young guys.
    Skinny jeans that they let sag off their butts like they pooped themselves.

• SEWFSEWF member
    Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe? I would as long as H was with me. And as long as I had a beach towel so sand didn't get places that sand isn't supposed to go.
    Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever. I had one guy come up to the register and ask if he could take some CDs out to his car without paying to see if he liked them. He said someone else let him do it before. I'm sorry, sir, but as Assistant Manager of this store, no, you can not walk out of our store with our CDS without paying first.
    Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile? I do smile, but it feels fake. I always look fine in the pictures, but it's totally fake.
    Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes. Pants with writing on the butts. 
    Now name one for young guys.Pants with no belts so the waist is around their knee area. I love seeing guys like this on Cops, because they can't run from the cops because they're trying to hold their pants on!
  • What's the dumbest foot-in-the-mouth moment you ever had?

Do you and your hubby or FI leave the door open to pee (or worse) when the other one is present and can hear/see?

What national day do you wish we had that hasn't been created yet? (National pretzel day was this past week).

Have you ever called in sick to work for a non-serious, non-illness related reason? ( I almost called in sick to work so I could stay up and watch the Royal wedding).

Do you believe in your horoscope, or what is said about your "sign" in relation to your personality?

• Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe? I might go to a nude beach, but I would never get nude myself. If I was in a secluded spot with just H than I would.

Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever.  I probably have so many good stories, and I can't think of any right now.

Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile? Yes. I don't think it's any different.

Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes. Mini skirts.

Now name one for young guys. The stupid gold stickers they leave on baseball hats and basketball jerseys.

• I'm sorry CCF I just saw your question (went to dinner).

Well a lot of people bought them for me throughout the years,infact I have one BFF that still does. But, I havent encouraged it. I just dont have the room. And they were getting kind of elaborate. I still display the ones I have, most are music boxes.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:16136e9d-bcd3-4230-b8a2-857dd3edb7e1">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]CCF, She's CANADIAN. They have all sorts of new fangled things up there.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    This is about the best explanation ive ever heard. Its the truth.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_because-im-bored-love-questionaire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:665e3fde-b48e-474e-b945-d687a9cf4cbePost:db0033a3-91af-4bfa-80c1-e1267f4c32a4">Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A "Because I'm Bored and You Are Too and You Love Me" questionaire : Woo hoo!  I read somewhere it takes about 400 corks to do a board.  We've been saving for almost 5 years and drink a ton of wine.  I feel like we are never going to get there. I want ours to look like this.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I cant even count how many corks we have. And I have no idea what to do with them, I had them in a vase with a candle in the middle till the vase broke.
  • 1) Do you collect anything?  not anymore.  i used to collect teacups. 

2) What's your favorite flower?  rose

3) What's your favorite candy? all of them.  except black licorice, ew.

4) Are you obsessed with anything?  the wedding.  and not in a fun way, just in the sense that i stress about it. 

5) Silver or Gold jewelry?  either

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day?  i have a gold ring that has my birthstone on it, and my engagement ring that is silver with a diamond
    Photobucket
  • I HAVE NOT DONE THIS EXACT ONE BEFORE! Only to Kim. And I WANTED people to ask more questions!
  • ConKFA319ConKFA319 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    1) Do you collect anything?
    Ladybugs, gnomes, teapots, and Chinese things (jewelry, antiques, etc - started in 2008 when I spent 3 weeks in China. Continued thanks to eBay)

Ranunculus, spider mums, Picasso calla lilies.

Reeses peanut butter cups, banana Runts.

Art, medicine, manicures. 

Silver, white gold, and platinum. Yellow gold looks funky against my skin.

Wedding band, "everyday" e-ring (not my real one), several sets of earrings, watch, an opal ring my parents got for me for graduating college, an antique turquoise ring that I came across on vacation a few years back and HAD to have. Usually my Medic Alert bracelet, too, but I keep forgetting to put it back on. I took it off after the wedding and king of just forgot about it.

7) Would you ever go to a crowded nude beach? Would you if it was really secluded and no one went there? Would you if it was in Europe?
    I don't know if I would ever go to a nude beach. I'm just not comfortable enough to be completely bare in public.

8) Customer service peeps: Briefly tell me about an interesting customer, whether it be your favorite, least favorite, random, whatever. 
    I could go on for hours. Probably the one that sticks out the most is the time that a woman and her mom came into the store, spent 4 hours walking around shopping, and then came to my register where they proceeded to loudly argue with each other about every item. It took me a half hour to check them out because they were too busy being indecisive and arguing with each other. I was proud - I managed to keep my cool until after they left, at which point the customers in line behind them applauded for me. Seriously, they applauded. It was amazing :-)

9) Do you smile when getting your picture taken? Is it different than your natural smile?
    I usually smile, but I rarely show teeth. When my teeth are showing in a photo, it's usually a genuine smile.

10) Name a clothing item young girls wear that makes you freak out/roll your eyes.
    I'm gonna have to go with pants with words across the ass. And maybe jeggings (as in, leggings that look like jeans, not jeans that fit like leggings).

11) Now name one for young guys.
    Definitely skinny jeans. No question.

12) Biggest financial splurge that wasn't financing a house or education or vehicle?
    Our mattress and boxspring, or the new TV we had to buy when the old one died (way before its time, it should be noted).

13) What's the dumbest foot-in-the-mouth moment you ever had? 
    At my last job, talking about a particularly difficult customer (read: raging bitch), thinking she had left, when she was in the next aisle and could hear everything. Luckily, she reported me to my H, who "disciplined me." Of course, he really sided with me, because he knew how impossible she was, but it was crazy awkward and embarrassing to realize that she had heard every comment.

14) Do you and your hubby or FI leave the door open to pee (or worse) when the other one is present and can hear/see?
    Oh, yeah. We're way past caring at this point.

15) What national day do you wish we had that hasn't been created yet? (National pretzel day was this past week).
    National Free Pony Day would be pretty awesome...

16) Have you ever called in sick to work for a non-serious, non-illness related reason? ( I almost called in sick to work so I could stay up and watch the Royal wedding).
    Yup. Can't remember any specifics, but I know I've done it.

17) Do you believe in your horoscope, or what is said about your "sign" in relation to your personality?
    Oh my, yes. I'm a textbook Pisces.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • 1) Do you collect anything? Birds and owls.

2) What's your favorite flower?  Orchids

3) What's your favorite candy? Raisinets, m&ms, starburst... I'm obsessed with candy.

4) Are you obsessed with anything?  See above, candy! Weddings, babies, decorating, traveling, clothes, anthropologie, birds, owls....I have an obsessive personality?

5) Silver or Gold jewelry?  White gold

6) What jewelry do you wear every.single.day?  On my left hand, a tanznite ring my parents got me on our cruise and on my right hand, this ring T gave me.

• I ADDED QUESTIONS CCF!!! LIKE YOU SAID!!!! Innocent

What nail polish do you have on? Petal pink by Essie on my fingers and some lavender on my toes.
    What do you like on your hot dog? Ketchup and mustard
    Have you ever been to NYC? Yes
    Are gingers hot? What about girl gingers? Boys, meh. Girls, YES!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards