Connecticut

Kleinfeld

Im planning on going to Kleinfeld with my sister.  Is there anything I should know before? Any ideas? Questions? Anything, I'll be so grateful. thanks.Sealed

Re: Kleinfeld

• i forgot to share their website. You can book online. :)
  • I went their with a friend of mine to help her pick out her dress. They have some amazing stuff there, just be sure to find out about alterations. I think they have an extremely high base fee that will add a lot to your budget, so make sure you find that out upfront. My friend was surprised by how much it was, but she still got her dress there and it was altered beautifully and she looked amazing. Good luck!
  • thank you khoffman.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_kleinfeld?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:8649de68-40b2-4317-add4-26634fdb4f6fPost:a00e4f40-8efb-4c17-89a0-2cc129451403">Re: Kleinfeld</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went their with a friend of mine to help her pick out her dress. They have some amazing stuff there, just be sure to find out about alterations. I think they have an extremely high base fee that will add a lot to your budget, so make sure you find that out upfront. My friend was surprised by how much it was, but she still got her dress there and it was altered beautifully and she looked amazing. Good luck!
    Posted by KHoffman417[/QUOTE]

<div>i bought my dress at kleinfeld and they do charge a flat fee for ANY alterations (i think it was $695 in 2012 and may have gone up this year?).  i knew i wasn't going to need that many alterations done (i bought the sample size), so i decided to take my dress to a local tailor to alter (saved a few hundred $$'s!!).  so just be aware of that going in.  i "ordered" the alterations when i bought the dress (i don't think you can add it later), just in case i couldn't find a good tailor, and then i canceled the alterations before my dress was delivered, and it just reduced my final balance due.  </div><div>
    </div><div>it is pretty surreal shopping there - it is just like the show!  they were filming when i went, but i didn't want to be on camera.  it's pretty wild.  fun experience, but can be overwhelming.  just enjoy it for what it is & have fun :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards