September 2012 Weddings
Options

Weather Worries

Is anyone else getting married outside and worried about the weather? I'm getting married on 9/22 in Geneva, NY and some forecasts I look at say rain and others show party cloudy. 

I'm so worried about this because if we move indoors, I really hate the area reserved for us to get married. :(  

I know it's too far out to know anything for sure at this point but it's really stressing me out. Anyone know of a good anti-rain dance I can do?  :p

Re: Weather Worries

• Options
    There have only been a few days when we have read that it would be sun so when there is a chance of rain. I think we have just decided that if it rains, then it rains. We can't control it so why worry about it.
  • Options
    I literally just checked weather.com and I'm about to vomit.  60% chance of rain for our rehearsal dinner (an outside bbq with 60 ppl coming) and it's supposed to rain for our wedding too.  Just the ceremony is outside, but the reason we are having when we are is to take advantage of the pretty Vermont scenery, and we are getting married on the side of a mountain.  I don't want to switch it to the little space the hotel offered us as a Plan B.  Sonofa...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Even if it does rain, you ladies will all have a beautiful wedding!  Dont stress it, unfortunately mother nature isn't always kind for us!  I was checking accuweather.com since the end of August and all the way up until last Thursday I was expecting severe thunderstorms for my wedding day :(   But as of Saturday it is now saying nice and sunny :)    There is still time for it all to change.
  • Options
    The weather can change from day to day! Dont worry with it until about 3 days out! Dont stress you have over a week ethier way rain or not it will be perfect!
  • Options
    Yes I am getting married oustide, and I am checking the weather everyday.I have been checking on accuweather.com too and it says its going to be cloudy. I hope for a sunny day!
  • Options
    The weather changes a ton! We're doing an outside ceremony/cocktail hour and its calling for rain a good week before and after the wedding with one small patch of sun moving around in there somewhere. As much as I hope that falls on our wedding, I've decided not to stress myself about it :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i've been checking everyday since it was possible! and it's, fortunately, looking beautiful saturday!

but like pp said, it changes constantly! so i definitely wouldn't worry about it just yet!!
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been checking the weather at least 3 times a day haha.  I watched it go from 20% to 30% to 40% chances of rain.  Yesterday evening was still 40% then i checked today and it dropped back down to 20%.  So you never know what it will actually be, weather is so unpredictable sometimes, especially here in MI its crazy.  My FBIL's wedding last year in October was like 90 and then days after it was normal October weather it was crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I'd be freaking out about weather at this point.  But MN has been in such a horrible drought all summer, that honestly I'm not worried about rain at all.  And if it rains, I can't be so selfish as to be too disappointed, because we NEEEED it so badly.  I don't love the indoor spot for ceremony and don't have a backup for pictures, but it is what it is.  That's the perspective I hope I can keep up till the wedding day.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    I'd like to share a story with all you ladies who are worried about the weather...
    FI's best friends got married nearly 3 years ago.  It was just before FI and I met so I wasn't there but FI has told me about it.  Their ceremony was supposed to be in front of a gazebo on a golf course with an indoor reception.  The day before the wedding it poured.  FI said the golf course was flooded, even if the rain stopped there was no way it would have been dry enough to have the ceremony outside.  The bride called FI (their best man) at midnight crying hysterically about the rain (she had a few drinks and it seemed like the end of the world at the time).  She was devastated because she always wanted to have the wedding there and the backup was to do it in the same room as the reception.
    The next day, the venue really pulled it together for her.  FI said they went inside and the lit a TON of candles so the entire reception space was candlelit with nearly no additional lighting.  By the time the ceremony started the candles on the mantles had started to drip wax so they had these beautiful "icecle"-like drippings.  FI says it was gorgeous.  I've asked the bride about it and she said while she still wonders what it would have looked like outside, it really was for the best and was more beautiful than she imagined. 

Her and her husband got married rain and all and are happily married 3 years later!  Leave the stress to the things you can control, ladies!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It helps to hear all of this. I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed but I'll just do my best to stay focused on the good.  :)))
  • Options
    We just got married this past weekend..yay!!!!!! There was a 60% chance of rain two days before. I sobbed and I thought our wedding would be ruined because I didn't like the indoor space of my ceremony(the backup plan).. Well, the day arrived annnnnnnd ........ It was a monsoon, and multiple tornado warrnings.. And there wasn't anything I could do about it. The ceremony was beautiful, even though it wasn't what I pictured. And at the end of the day, I married my best friend, rain or no rain!!!!! You can't stress about thing you can't control!!!!! I'll hope for sun for you, but even with rain you'll be married!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked at the forecast, and it says rain.  I'm trying not to panic, 'cause this far out, it's impossible for them to be accurate -- most forecasts aren't very accurate more than 3-4 days out.  I'm in the same boat as you, though -- we're supposed to get married outside, which is pretty, and our backup space is, well, blah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    (Heck, for that matter, LadyJ, the weather you get there shows up here an hour or two later -- so I'm definitely rooting for you to have a dry day!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards