Getting in Shape
Options

Ran my first mile today!

We get an hour everyday to workout at my job, luckily. I haven't run since high school, and it took me 16:31! I know it's far from great, but it let me know that I could at least DO it and get through it! I'm 5'7, 142 lbs. My wedding is October 19th of this year and I'm hoping to get down 10 lbs before hand. I'm sore, but mentally, I feel fantastic.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ran my first mile today!

• Options
    Congratulations - don't criticize yourself on the time, you should be proud!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Who gives a crap about the time?! 
    The fact: You ran a mile today

Guess what I did? I didn't. 

You have a mile up on me. 
    congrats for working through it! Try not to look at the weight.. 10 pounds may not even be realistic for you (I'm just under 5'8 and can't seem to get lower than 140. I have to accept that. It's just not in my build.. the more I kick my butt, the more muscle I put on, and the more I weigh) 
    right now for 5'7 at 142 you are in a "healthy" weight zone. But are you a healthy fitness zone? Focus on that and keep running. The pounds will drop when/if they want to :) 
  • Options
    Great job! Hopefully one day I'll get there, keep up the good work. I'm your height but weigh 158, trying to lose 23 lbs. October 19 is a great day to get married, it happens to be my bday!
  • Options
    Awesome!!!! I am the same way. Didn't run since high school (10 years) and that first mile was rough!! But it only took a month and I am addicted! Way to go!!!!!
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • Options
    Congrats! More importantly... where the heck do you work?!
  • Options
    Awesome! Don't worry about the time, it really doesn't matter. Doesn't change the fact that you ran a mile! I run, slowly, but I'm still doin' it. And that makes me happy. And that should make you happy too. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kristin4911Kristin4911 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Haha I work at the police department for my city. We get a "wellness hour" everyday.

I really appreciate all of this encouragement ladies. I'm sore today in places I didn't know would even be affected that much (abs, OUCH).

Doing it again today! I hope to get to that "addicted" phase also. I've NEVER been a healthy, work-out person, and that is such a major goal for me.

THANK YOU for your positive responses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! I just got back into running also for the first time since high school cross country. I was even pretty bad then too hahaa. I'm 5'8" and currently 141, trying to make it to 135. Keep up the good work and you'll find yourself running that mile faster in no time.
  • Options
    Awesome job!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats!  The first is always the toughest! Now you know you can do it! Be proud of yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards