Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Who to hold the rings?

We're not having kids involved in the wedding, so I'm looking for some creative ideas for our wedding rings (since we nixed the ring bearer)

Thanks Ladies!  Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who to hold the rings?

• Well, it's not particularly creative, but we had the Best Man hold onto the rings for us.
  • Our MOH and Best Man held onto them and handed them to the reverend for a blessing.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • ya we were kind of planning on having the MOH and Best man hold the rings. Just figured I'd see if anyone did anything different.
    Thanks everyone!! 
  • We had a ring bearer, but he did not carry our actual rings.  The MOH held my H's ring, and the Best Man held my ring.
    Anniversary
  • We didn't have a wedding party so we had our officiant hold them for us. Worked out just fine.

• Our Best Man held onto both and gave them to the officiant.  Don't give it to the MOH unless she's got pockets. Don't forget...at that point in the ceremony she is usually holding her bouquet AND the bride's so it can get pretty tricky for her to pass the ring to the officiant.  My one friend was in that situation and actually dropped the ring!
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Both my grandfather and my FI's grandfather have been important parts of our lives so we are going to tie the rings to old family bibles and have our grandfathers bring them up right before we say our vowes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_who-to-hold-the-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:36db39f4-dffc-4079-a9ce-b00818665abdPost:588bb568-2532-4b41-b825-ffe336a62127">Re: Who to hold the rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both my grandfather and my FI's grandfather have been important parts of our lives so we are going to tie the rings to old family bibles and have our grandfathers bring them up right before we say our vowes.
    Posted by sari9912[/QUOTE]

I think that's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! :'-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_who-to-hold-the-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:36db39f4-dffc-4079-a9ce-b00818665abdPost:588bb568-2532-4b41-b825-ffe336a62127">Re: Who to hold the rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both my grandfather and my FI's grandfather have been important parts of our lives so we are going to tie the rings to old family bibles and have our grandfathers bring them up right before we say our vowes.
    Posted by sari9912[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this idea! The only struggle is that my FI has 3 sets of grandparents, where I only have 1.
  • i like either MOH or BM

or  the officiant

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards