Kentucky
Options

Reception Halls in Louisville

I'm looking all over for a decent reception hall. I'm looking for a place that's already gorgeous on the inside to save on spending a lot on decorations. But what I'm finding is the most gorgeous places, are also ridiculously expensive and we're on a $5,000 budget. If anyone knows of a pretty place that is cost friendly, please share details!

Re: Reception Halls in Louisville

• Options
    Hmmm... might wanna try a community center. I just saw pics of the one at E.P. Tom Sawyer (which was built in 2009) and it is gorgeous.  Probably cheaper than most venues and typically you can bring in your own catering with a community center.

Otherwise, if you're looking for something more "all-inclusive", you might want to try a hotel ballroom. The ones at the Marriott downtown are nice and I've heard Crowne Plaza are nice as well.

Hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    Oxmoor Country Club is running a wedding special this year only for 5995 and it includes everything but the photographer. Give them a call or look up the special on their site. I loved true venue. Checked it out last week but we are going with a church wedding now
  • Options
    I am having my reception and ceremony at the Mellwood Art Center, I think it's gorgeous and different, it has a lot of exposed brick and personality.  Plus, it doesn't have a vendor list, you can use any caterer you want and there isn't an alcohol policy so you will save money there. 
  • Options
    The Tom Sawyer one is expensive.  I think it was 2200 for the space and then 15% of your catering bill on top of that.  Try looking at U of L Shelbyhurst.  That is where we're having our reception.  Its great inside and was 1000 for the space.  They also offer a discount for U of L employees/ students.  There is a 15% on top of catering fee there too but its much less for the space.  We are dealing with Anita and she is GREAT!!!!  Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    Depending on the size of your wedding maybe look into the Anchorage Ballroom.  As they mentioned above - be cautious of the places that charge 15% of your caterering bill.  That can quickly make an inexpensive place get pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards