Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys

That's right - it's Wednesday, and it's time for Wednesday Top Five!

You know how the rules go:

1. Post your top five for each category given below.

2. Provide PIP/eye candy wherever/whenever possible, and explanations if you see fit.

3. If it's in No Particular Order (NPO), indicate as such.

This week's category is Crushes & Fantasy Guys. So, answer away:

Who were five of your childhood/teenage crushes?

Who are your current top five in male celebs/fantasy guys?

Post away! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll only post one of each, since I don't have time/energy for all 5.

Childhood: Devon Sawa - from Casper, Little Giants, Now and Then, etc.  I used to have his pictures posted all over my locker in 5th grade.

Now: Michael Weston of Burn Notice (the character, not the actor) - totally a badass sweetheart - his sexy sarcasm just makes me swoon).

Ironically, BF looks an awful lot like Devon Sawa now that I look at that picture. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Childhood?  I don't think I can come up with five.  But I was very much into JTT and Nick Carter of the BSB.  I cringed just typing that out.

Now? In NPO:

1) Captain Jack Sparrow

2) Matthew Bomer.. so sad that he bats for the other team

3) Patrick Dempsey... yeah, I jumped (teehee) on that bandwagon pretty quickly

4) Ryan Reynolds.... that shirtless scene in the Proposal... yum.

5) I'm having trouble coming up with a 5th one... there are so many drool-worthy guys in Hollywood.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember Devon Sawa.  I was into him too.  I totally went to see the movie Wild America just because both he and JTT were in it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of these are going to be NPO because I'm just trying to remember all of them. :)

Tom Delonge from Blink 182.  I was fascinated by him, for some reason. Now I kind of just roll my eyes.

Tyson Ritter, lead of All American Rejects.

Ashley Parker Angel? O-Town? Yeah, Idk either.  They had a free concert in the mall parking lot and I stayed up all night making signs for him.

OMG. I was COMPLETELY obsessed with this guy. Pete Wentz? yeah.

This is Adam Lazzara, lead of Taking Back Sunday.  Yeah, I was one of those girls.

Mmmmmmmm. Dave. I get to see him in two weeks. :D

Liev Shreiber.  This is a terrible picture but I don't have enough attention to look for another.

Hello Gerard. <3

...don't judge.

Paul Rudd. He's sooo dreamy.

Honorable Mention (NPO)
    1. Aaron Carter
    2. Seth Rogan
    3. Eric Bana.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My only "normal" big crush was Leonardo DiCaprio from his Titanic days. I have a wide variety of taste in men, usually those who can make me laugh.

My fantasy men now include (in NPO):

1. Seth MacFarlane

2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

3. Matthew Morrison (who I met and was kind of rude to me, sadly)

4. Kevin Spacey (I don't care if he's gay)

5. Steve Buscemi (don't ask me why...there's something about him)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Narwhal, YES YES YES to Paul Rudd. Seth Rogen, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NPO

NPO

image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JTT
    Johnny Depp
    Justin Timberlake
    Josh Server (from All That)
    Dangit, I can't think of a #5, probably one of the Backstreet Boys (except for Kevin and Howie- they were "so old")
    EDIT:: #5 Leonardo DiCaprio

Patrick Dempsey

Josh Turner- That deep voice makes me swoon.

NOTE: TK wont let me add more pictures... GAHH!

Luke Bryan- Reminds me of FI. FI actually got to cut in front of the bathroom line at a country festival we went to because he friend started yelling to make room for Luke Bryan

Josh Duhamel- No need for reason

Ryan Reynolds- See Noelle's post.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Um, this is the post where I revert back to a 15 year old fan girl.

Then:

1. Zach Morris. Note I said, "Zach Morris" and not "Mark Paul Gosselar". I didn't even give a crap that he was an actor and Zach was the character. I decided at the ripe old age of eight that all boyfriends would be measured up against Zach Morris.

2. Leonardo DiCaprio. ::hangs head in shame:: Yes, I was one of those girls. The ones that had raging crushes on Leo post-Titanic. I still have a strong admiration for him today, but it's more along the lines of recognizing what a damn good actor he is rather than getting all mushy at his baby blues.

3. Joey McIntyre. I remember my sixth birthday. I got a New Kids on the Block t-shirt, beach towel, denim jacket and music video collection. I was in heaven.

4. Kirk Cameron. He was so dreamy. ::sigh::

5. Tom Cruise. I had a raging crush on him when I was a kid. This was before I realized he was BSC and essentially played himself playing the same damn character in every friggin movie. However, once I realized how much he looked like my uncle, that pretty much put a kobosh on the whole crush thing. You can't crush on someone who looks like your uncle. Ew.

Now:

1. Alexander Skarsgaard. I strongly believe that God invested Sweden solely for IKEA and Alexander Skarsgaard. Our officiant asked me the other day if I had written the fact that I'm allowed to leave my FI for Alexander in our wedding vows. I think he was only half kidding. Holy Nordic vampire swoon, Batman.

2. Christian Bale. I actually carried over this crush from teenage years - I've had a bit of a crush on him since Newsies and Little Women. He's good in everything. It doesn't help that my best guy friend looks just like him.

3. Hugh Jackman. He's an amazing actor - can do drama, comedy, action, musicals, whatever. He's been in some craptastic movies, and he's the one good thing about them. He's got a voice that can tear the house down. He's hilarious. And totally sweet when it comes to talking about his wife and kids. And, um, Wolverine gunshow, anyone?

What's not to like?

4. Johnny Depp. Another one I carried over from my teen years. He's just an amazing actor. You totally forget you're watching Johnny Depp when you watch one of his movies. I don't think I've seen a movie with him in it that I didn't like. Not to mention he makes being a drunken sweaty delusional pirate kinda sexy.

5. Robert Downey Jr. I've got a serious thing for guys who can make me laugh. RDJ is probably one of the funniest guys on the planet. And, like all the other guys that are in my Top 5, he's good in everything he's in.

Oh, and this scene:

...the one where he's banging on that face mask in Ironman? I will fully admit it made me ::swoon:: just a tiny bit. :)

Honorable Mention - John Cusack. Grosse Point Blank, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Identity, Say Anything, High Fidelity...swooooooooooooon.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Narwhal... No judging here.  I love John Cusack and Paul Rudd.

And this is why I couldnt' pick a 5th.  You ladies have posted lots of great ones.
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Younger in NPO

Also on the Devon Sawa crush list

JTT was an obvious one when I was younger

Had a huge thing for Usher when I was younger

Eric Matthews

AJ before he got all creepy!

Now in NPO

Bradley Cooper

mmm Channing Tatem

Kenny Chesney

Feel like such a perv. but I can't resist Taylor

And there's just something about Toby Keith that makes him super sexy

P.S. This game makes me happy!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, yeah, Paul Rudd is pretty dreamy. Clueless did me in for him. It think if him, Bradley Cooper, John Cusack, and Robert Downey Jr. ever made a film together, I might spontaneously combust.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    RDJ in "Chopin." *swoon* Just a testament to what an incredible actor he is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, yeah, Christian Bale is definitely on my "NOW - pretty please?" list.  Hot!  Want!

And ya know, Patrick Dempsey is cute and all, but I gotta admit I like Eric Dane best on Grey's Anatomy.  Oh, and Justin Chambers... yum!  Sure, Eric Dane's drugged out threesome thing was kinda weird, but I kind of think he's gorgeous, and he seems sweet in real life, and ya know, this is about fantasies, so I can choose to ignore the parts I think are weird.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-top-five-crushes-fantasy-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87ae07e4-35f5-4e0a-9ff3-19b99ecb2f64Post:b7e43760-7982-47ec-832c-b4ed87af1d57">Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, yeah, Paul Rudd is pretty dreamy. Clueless did me in for him. It think if him, Bradley Cooper, John Cusack, and Robert Downey Jr. ever made a film together, I might spontaneously combust.
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

I'd be right there with you.  Can I "second" your entire list? Thanks.
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha Button!  I was also a fan of Sean Hunter and Corey Matthews.  The only other childhood crush I can think of was Benny from The Sandlot.

Current loves:
    1.  Dave Matthews (see Narwhals PIP)
    2.  Gerard Butler (again)
    3.  Peyton Manning

4.  Eli Manning

Can't think of any others...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg i forgot Christian Bale! How could I forget Christian Bale?!

Although.. is it weird that I find him absolutely hottest in American Psycho?

I guess I just have a thing for the serial killer type.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TK ate my post...asshole...

Don't judge...lol

Then:

Freddie Prinze Jr

Joshua Jackson

JTT!!

Leo

Nick Carter...he's still kinda yummy...LOL

Now:

Alexander Skarsgard

Ryan Kwanten

Ryan Reynolds...and he's Canadian!!

Seth MacFarlane.  Gotta love a man with that voice...and he can sing...and make you laugh...and drool...hehe

Robert Downey Jr.  Just yum.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Or it could be this:

You could do laundry on that washboard. Mmmm.

Let's just say, before I met FI, there was a period of time where it took everything for me not to jump my best guy friend. He looks just like him, and is awesome to boot.

I just got all nostalgic at the Sandlot post. Awwww :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Annie I was big into Mike Vitar (surprised I rememebered his name) too! And I love you for having Eli on your list too!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ Ryan Kwanten - rickylee and I were watching a preview for True Blood a few weeks ago, and they had an interview with Ryan and he starts talking in his native Aussie accent. ricky and I just looked at each other and are like, "gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" ::swoon::

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-top-five-crushes-fantasy-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87ae07e4-35f5-4e0a-9ff3-19b99ecb2f64Post:0e7ebc3d-c100-417d-a326-a0947b537853">Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or it could be this: You could do laundry on that washboard. Mmmm. Let's just say, before I met FI, there was a period of time where it took everything for me not to jump my best guy friend. He looks just like him , and is awesome to boot. I just got all nostalgic at the Sandlot post. Awwww :)

Oh yuuuuuummmm.

That might be it.

I had a teacher in high school who looked a lot like him. He was really young too. I had a crush on him, then recently he adds me on facebook and I'm like mehhhhhh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-top-five-crushes-fantasy-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87ae07e4-35f5-4e0a-9ff3-19b99ecb2f64Post:03ca530b-a838-44ed-8547-e59a127258e8">Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL @ Ryan Kwanten - rickylee and I were watching a preview for True Blood  a few weeks ago, and they had an interview with Ryan and he starts talking in his native Aussie accent. ricky and I just looked at each other and are like, " gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" ::swoon::

<div>I've only seen one interview with him...so delicious!</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From childhood I'm trying to remember.....I didn't really remember. You want to know about classmate/ guys I personally knew crushes.... I can list those all out for you. Whom I do recall from childhood is:

Zachary Ty Bryan - JTT's older brother in Home Improvement

After watching Good Will Hunting I developed a crush on Matt Damon.

In between childhood and present time:

Wally Szczerbiak - He used to play for the Timberwolves. Don't get me wrong I still think that he's pretty hot, but since he left MN - I never hear about him anymore and had pretty much forgotten about him.

Present Time:

Kenny Chesney

Matt Damon
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how could I have forgotten about Dawson's Creek. I was totally a "Pacey" girl.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-top-five-crushes-fantasy-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:87ae07e4-35f5-4e0a-9ff3-19b99ecb2f64Post:d492ce7b-e10a-435f-848e-9645d5c1af64">Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honorable Mention (NPO) <strong>1. Aaron Carter</strong> 2. Seth Rogan 3. Eric Bana.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

Aaron Carter: Now or then?
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-top-five-crushes-fantasy-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87ae07e4-35f5-4e0a-9ff3-19b99ecb2f64Post:3dfa5bbc-8c50-4985-bac3-da5f68bf3bf1">Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Top Five: Crushes & Fantasy Guys : Aaron Carter: Now or then?
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

<div>I met him!! lol</div><div>
    </div><div>I was 14...</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nick and Aaron Carter seem like the two of the biggest douches on the planet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then! It was then!

I honestly don't even know what he looks likenow.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i don't know how to do the PIP thing but...

THEN:
    1.  Devon Sawa
    2.  Freddie Prinze Jr.
    3.  Zach Morris
    4.  Doogie Howser
    5.  JTT
    (a lot of the "then's are the same. LOL)

NOW:
    1.  Johnny Depp
    2.  Matt Damon
    3.  Shia LaBeouff
    4.  Ryan Reynolds
    5.  Gerard Butler
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards