Catholic Weddings

Friday thread

Happy Friday everyone!!!  And happy fall!!!!

What is everyone up to this weekend?  I'm going to visit FI, so I'm excited for that!!  We are supposed to go to Busch Gardens amusement park tomorrow, which should be very fun!

Lately I haven't been posting a whole lot because I've been feeling kinda down.  Charting has been really difficult for me, and I've begun to resent FI for it, because I feel annoyed that men don't have to deal with any of that.  And I resent friends who chart because they talk about how easy it is, and it's so far from easy for me.  I gave up charting this month, and decided to re-read TCOYF... I'm hoping that'll help me make more sense of what I'm seeing. 

Re: Friday thread

• AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I will spend the whole weekend studying for upcoming exams. I am getting so worn out. ..I work.... go home... study similar things that I have been working on all day... go to sleep at 12...wake up at 5:30. I feel like I never get a break from work.

Plus my supervisor just dumped a lot of Business Analysis work on me... AFTER it already was started...which is fine, but I hate having to be like "Hi....you don't know me...but I am going to be working on your project now...I will now continue to bug you with all the questions my supervisor asked you 2 months ago." Hey... at least I am getting work right? But I have been mulling over this e-mail to a vendor for about 30 minutes...It is just so awkward.

On Saturday I'm going to the OU football game! WOO! I love sitting in the student section... After last weeks beating of FSU, this should be a pretty fun game.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Resa, I was feeling really frustrated with charting, as well.  I signed up for a Billings class through one of the parishes in my area.  They didn't offer it at my home parish, we just happened to attend mass at another one.

At first I thought the class was going to be useless, and I still kind of disagree with some of what the teacher says (she doesn't seem confident that NFP works -- she keeps telling me to get on prenatals), but it was really helpful to talk to someone and show her my chart so she could say, "Yes, that's right," or, "No, do it this way."  You should find out if any classes are offered through your parish or any others.  Mine was just $90 (which I feel is a minimal cost compared to the cost of getting pregnant before we're ready).

As for the weekend, I signed up for a softball league, so my first game is Sunday.  =)  Very excited.
    Anniversary

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    im planning on sleeping alot and cleaning the house.  i have been away on a business trip and i'm worn out.
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yay Friday! Resa, don't let it get you down.  I am about a month in and I'm frustrated too.  Just give it time :) 
    I am very much looking forward to staying in town this weekend.  A high school here is in the same conference as my home HS and the football teams are palying here tonight, so I get to go watch my little brother!  :)
    Then Oktoberfest this weekend
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the supportive words, everyone!  It was hard for me to admit my frustrations, but I just had to let it out!!  I figured you ladies would be the more positive outlet for me.  So thanks!

Amanda -- I could barely handle being in undergrad full-time and working 15 hours a week retail, so I don't know how peope balance having a more demanding job, while being in school.  I hope you feel proud of yourself, because should!!

Calypso -- enjoy your restful weekend!  We all need one once in awhile :)

• caitriona87caitriona87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Resa--ditto PP's, don't get too upset yet. It took me about three months to feel like my charts made any sense, but after that it was all good. Taking a class with an instructor might help also, if you haven't yet. Also, I know it can be hard, but trying to see fertility as a gift might help. Yeah, men don't have to deal with cycles and all of that, but they also don't personally experience being a vessel for a new soul, directly bringing new life into the world for God like women can. It's pretty sweet to think about it that way.

Professor--weird that someone would teach NFP without being confident themselves. I noticed that being on prenatals while not pregnant (especially ones with lots of B6) really helped out my cycles and made my charts much clearer--maybe that's what she was suggesting? Lol.

As for me, we're going to a wedding tomorrow of some college friends, about 2 hours away, so that's exciting. I love weddings (maybe why I'm still here 2.5 years after my own!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_friday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0bc45458-b876-4a06-b452-6e2f08d457bdPost:636f51ea-86c7-4963-9152-fa54a7ed0dc2">Re: Friday thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Resa--ditto PP's, don't get too upset yet. It took me about three months to feel like my charts made any sense, but after that it was all good. Taking a class with an instructor might help also, if you haven't yet. Also, I know it can be hard, but trying to see fertility as a gift might help. Yeah, men don't have to deal with cycles and all of that, but they also don't personally experience being a vessel for a new soul, directly bringing new life into the world for God like women can. It's pretty sweet to think about it that way.<strong> Professor--weird that someone would teach NFP without being confident themselves. I noticed that being on prenatals while not pregnant (especially ones with lots of B6) really helped out my cycles and made my charts much clearer--maybe that's what she was suggesting?</strong> Lol. As for me, we're going to a wedding tomorrow of some college friends, about 2 hours away, so that's exciting. I love weddings (maybe why I'm still here 2.5 years after my own!)
    Posted by caitriona87[/QUOTE]

Maybe?  I hadn't thought of that.  She has three kids, all planned, but she just doesn't seem confident.  Maybe she's fully confident in the method, but not confident that FI and I will follow all the rules?
    Anniversary

• AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_friday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0bc45458-b876-4a06-b452-6e2f08d457bdPost:aa2bb0aa-6486-4be1-8979-bddc32eb2e12">Re: Friday thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the supportive words, everyone!  It was hard for me to admit my frustrations, but I just had to let it out!!  I figured you ladies would be the more positive outlet for me.  So thanks! <strong>Amanda -- I could barely handle being in undergrad full-time and working 15 hours a week retail, so I don't know how peope balance having a more demanding job, while being in school.  I hope you feel proud of yourself, because should!!</strong> Calypso -- enjoy your restful weekend!  We all need one once in awhile :)
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Well, to be completely honest, I am not full-time student (technically I am because it is my last semester....) but I am only reallllly taking 6 hours (my two capstones) and I am working 25 hours a week. I like it a lot most weeks, it keeps me from missing my FI too much (who lives in FL) 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards