Minnesota
Options

Minneapolis Brides?

Anyone have any suggestions for venues? reviews? place i should avoid? I'm getting married july 9, 2011, so I'm just starting the planning process!

Re: Minneapolis Brides?

• Options
    sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had our reception at Nicollet Island Pavilion.  It was great (and pricy).  I know they do wedding and reception there is that is what you are looking for. 

• Options
    sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, there is a Minneapolis St Paul local board.  You will get more replys there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Join MEET minneapolis. It free and they send you all of these venues (hotels, rest. etc) it was inredibly helpful. I found that many "non-traditional" places were willing to accomodate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at The Semple Mansion in Minneapolis---very intimate, romantic space!
  • Options
    llgusllgus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you want to stay in Minneapolis or are you open to surrounding areas? (St. Paul / Bloomington / etc)

I got engaged last October and wanted to get married in St. Paul - called a couple of the St. Paul Venues - and the majority of them were booked through 2010!

Have you figured out how many people you're planning on having? That will help you narrow down your choices quickly. We're having around 300 people at ours in October - once we figured that out, there were a lot of venues we didn't even look at because they weren't big enough.

I've heard great things about Hotel Sofietl in Bloomington. Windows on Minnesota is very pretty and overlooks the new twins stadium. I've heard that the Twins Stadium is really cool and have heard you can rent space there (i'm sure that's super expensive though!!) St. Paul Hotel is AWESOME! The Landmark center in St. Paul is so-so. The University Club has a couple of different venues - they just bought another location in Downtown St. Paul that they have high hopes for - and they thought it would be ready for 2011 when I spoke to them last fall.
    Any country club in Minneapolis would be a good place.
    Once you narrow down how many people you want to have there and what kind of wedding you want (traditional church wedding, outdoor wedding, etc) you'll be able to find a venue that will fit your style and hold the amount of people.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    acpiper5acpiper5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the Semple Mansion. It is so beautiful! The prices were actually the best of everywhere we looked. The price you see is the total price, including service charge and tax! They are the only place that did that. Plus the staff there was so nice and helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards