Snarky Brides
Options

I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.

I am sooo bored. I'm pretty much just putting off cleaning by daydreaming about houses and backyard gardens and the like. I really want to grow some herbs to satiate my incessant desire to garden, but of course, our balcony gets almost no actual sunlight the whole day. So now I'm looking for stuff that might do okay with the hour or two of sun.

What're you guys up to?

Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.

• Options
    Heeey. I'm cooking pasta and putting off studying. March came back in April, and March took all of April's weather, it seems. Its gross here.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm here, trying to get rid of the tickle in my throat that I've had for days. H wants me to take some of his prescription cough syrup, but I'm on an antibiotic for something else, and I don't think I want to mix the two. I'm hoping cough drops and hot tea will work well enough to get him off my back.

Other than that, I'm watching Project Runway and hanging out while H works on a school project.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hey guys!

I'm just hanging out. H got home today for the first time in days and he's been sleeping for the last 7 hours. I know he only gets a few hours of sleep on the boat so I don't want to wake him. 

We watched the Penguins lose today, unfortunately. So now it's on to wait for football season.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh stupid throat tickles, SEWF. I've had a version of that for a week now (just getting over strep). Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:a8d9292c-c8c4-4d91-8292-477839744c72">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heeey. I'm cooking pasta and putting off studying. March came back in April, and March took all of April's weather, it seems. Its gross here.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>This weekend was super nice here. For once, not stiflingly hot, but it was clear and sunny. We had a picnic and sat outside to read for a couple hours yesterday, it was nice. We're trying to find somewhere to go hiking in the area before it gets to be hell-scorching temperatures again.</div>
  • Options
    We had huge storms here yesterday and a ton of rain today. It helped bring down the temperature which was nice.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:ab58fef5-ef8b-46bd-8d28-c500096a7642">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh stupid throat tickles, SEWF. I've had a version of that for a week now (just getting over strep). Hope you feel better!

<div>Thanks! H had bronchitis, so I may have gotten that a bit, but I'm on antibiotics for some upcoming dental work, so it may have tempered how badly I got it from him. I haven't had a bad heavy cough or anything, but I'm coughing because of the stupid tickle. On the upside, the sore throat and general ick feeling I had earlier this week is gone. The tickle is just stubborn!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:6b3cb09c-6729-4093-947f-fce21a75ddcf">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here, trying to get rid of the tickle in my throat that I've had for days. H wants me to take some of his prescription cough syrup, but I'm on an antibiotic for something else, and I don't think I want to mix the two. I'm hoping cough drops and hot tea will work well enough to get him off my back. Other than that, I'm watching <strong>Project Runway </strong>and hanging out while H works on a school project.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>I always want a sewing machine after watching that show.</div>
  • Options
    Heyyyy.

FI and I were super productive today and all weekend and now I think I can finally relax. I'm gonna play with this E-reader that my parents got for free when they bought all their new furniture (I think it's a Cruz or something like that?) and maybe download a book to start reading.

Kinda feeling like crap today and have a baby fever. Hope I can hold this cold off.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I was visiting J at school this weekend and it snowed a little up there yesterday. :( (2 hrs north of where i live). So gross. Its like 50 here now which is not bad at all, but its cloudy and damp and meh.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:170ddc29-b46b-4f4f-94fa-3e46992e5ac8">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : I always want a sewing machine after watching that show.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not talented enough to do anything like what they do. I have worn some of those kinds of things, though, because my aunt went to college for costume design, but she didn't use traditional materials. Let me see if I can find a couple of pictures to show off, because she is amazingly talented.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:eaf6e0fd-df35-4464-bf67-7ce6d973dd58">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was visiting J at school this weekend and it snowed a little up there yesterday. :( (2 hrs north of where i live). So gross. Its like 50 here now which is not bad at all, but its cloudy and damp and meh.

<div>I can't even remember snow now. I don't think I'll ever be able to move north again.</div>
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    OK, I found a couple. The first is me, the second is a friend of the family. My aunt is pretty awesome!

These may be small. Sorry.

• Options
    Sewing is a skill that I really admire. My grandma was so kick ass at it. I'm terrified of how fast the needle goes in a machine though, which sounds silly.
  • Options
    Wow sewf those are so cool!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:b3c962a2-ccdd-4eb8-a443-4ff6ddb4c80f">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow sewf those are so cool!

<div>Thanks! She hasn't done any shows in a long time, and I really miss it. I think being in her shows (starting at about 13) really fostered my love of theatre.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:8fef65c2-cd3a-4045-8d7e-6e6b2e9e4bd1">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : I can't even remember snow now. I don't think I'll ever be able to move north again.

I don't blame you. I am afraid that if I DID move south, I wouldn't be able to move home again either. Snow is not a weather condition that I would miss at all.
  • Options
    Those are awesome Sewf! My aunt sews a lot too, and I took one class in high school, so I can do basic stuff, lol. I made my Christmas formal dress as my like, second project. I was pretty proud. I really want to get a machine and teach myself some stuff. Mostly, I want to eventually be able to reupholster this ugly chair Brandon has, lol.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    We didn't get more than maybe a inch of snow this year, which I liked at first, but since we didn't get a deep freeze like we usually do, allergies are HORRIBLE right now. I never had allergies before, but they are kicking my butt this year already.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:f1a1942e-4182-4f79-bc1f-1dc8744581f2">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : I don't blame you. I am afraid that if I DID move south, I wouldn't be able to move home again either. Snow is not a weather condition that I would miss at all.

<div>Mmmhmm. My parents just bought a place in Palm Springs, that they're just going to rent out until they retire. After that, they'll be down there for the winter, and up home for the summer, lol. I'm pretty excited about it actually, because they're going to let us use it whenever it's not being rented, and it's effing gorgeous. </div>
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:c7bcc085-a126-459e-91bf-d974ec4275e5">Re: I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are awesome Sewf! My aunt sews a lot too, and I took one class in high school, so I can do basic stuff, lol. I made my Christmas formal dress as my like, second project. I was pretty proud. I really want to get a machine and teach myself some stuff. Mostly, I want to eventually be able to reupholster this ugly chair Brandon has, lol.

<div>Wow! Yeah, I did a bit of sewing in my theatre tech class for costumes, but not nearly enough to just be able to make clothes out of a few sheets of fabric. I'm always in awe of anyone who can do that.</div>
  • Options
    Hi guys. I'm enjoying the last of my weekend and fighting a headache. H worked today so I has the place to myself. It was so nice to just read without any baseball in the background.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:4c5237b4-a04c-42ca-8398-daaec3f16db9">Re:I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys. I'm enjoying the last of my weekend and fighting a headache. H worked today so I has the place to myself.<strong> It was so nice to just read without any baseball in the background</strong>.
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

<div>Our apartments are just up the road from like, 4 baseball fields...so every Saturday in the summer, we get to listen to a couple of hours of people screaming. Gah.</div>
  • Options
    SEWF---awesome!!

I would be so scared to learn how to use a machine. I'd love to do it, but I don't know anyone who has one or knows how to use it. Maybe one summer I'll set sometime and energy aside to try it out. It'd be nice to learn how to do it before we have kids.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:014f9415-15c0-4941-962a-374c6e373485">Re:I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : Our apartments are just up the road from like, 4 baseball fields...so every Saturday in the summer, we get to listen to a couple of hours of people screaming. Gah.

<div>Ugh, I get mad enough at my neighbors when I can hear them hanging out outside, let alone a couple hundred. I'd be so pissed all the time. I like my quiet too much.</div>
  • Options
    I think we got a total of like, 20 inches this winter which is less than half of what we normally get. LESS THAN HALF. It was pretty crazy.
  • Options
    Hi!

i can't play with you guys.  *kicks rock*  I gotta do my art homework  *sigh*

But I'm kinda here because I'm a procrastinator and Once upon a Time is on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-its-sunday-but-cmon-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a096df6-5bfe-4a6e-a513-24fa851a381aPost:04db23bb-f251-47b6-81ef-b35c1a06a9ac">Re:I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I know it's Sunday, but c'mon guys. : Ugh, I get mad enough at my neighbors when I can hear them hanging out outside, let alone a couple hundred. I'd be so pissed all the time. I like my quiet too much.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>Same. After all, I did spend my entire life living in an area where my closest neighbour was like, half a mile down the road. I miss it. Luckily, this apartment is great noise-wise at every other time.</div>
  • Options
    Thats awesome, Any. I doubt my parents will ever get a retirement house somewhere south. My dad would hate that, he likes the colder temps.

I just looked it up and last winter, we got almost 90 inches of snow. Lol this winter was so pitiful.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    My problem is, I like my quiet, but I also want people around if I need help or something. Maybe it comes from living in the city my entire life, but if the house gets broken into or there's a fire, I want there to be help nearby. Otherwise, I want everyone to be quiet most of the time.

Picky, picky, I know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards