Texas-Austin

Who here has had engagements done?!

What was your session like?

How many photographers?

How long did it take?

When you receieved the final product, how many good ones did you get back?

Re: Who here has had engagements done?!

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were done by a friend of mine at my workplace (lots of trees and a bridge over a creek, etc). It was fun, even though I loathe having my picture taken. I think we got about 50 back, and because of my own insecurities, I only really liked about 10 of them. That's not the photographer's fault, though. 

If PIP was working for me I'd post my favorite. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ours were done by a photographer friend of mine that is also taking our wedding photos. I think in the end she ended up taking around 400 pictures and posted 56 of them to her website (and sent us a disc) that were all edited and looked great. We were out at the park taking pictures for about 2 hours I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We just did ours 3 weeks ago.  The photographers we hired for the wedding also did our engagements.  We did a 3 hour session because we took pictures on the capitol grounds and at mayfield park.  We hoped to make it to mount bonnell, but daylight ran out on us.  I don't like having my picture taken either, but I have no doubt that they'll be great.

Our photographers are Blackerby Photography, a husband & wife team.  They shot over 300 pictures, so I can't wait to see what we get back.  It was easy to just be relaxed because the photographers are so laid back and helped put us at ease.  Some pics they took while we weren't paying attention to get some true candids.  We should be receiving our disk this week . . . the anticipation is killing me!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    You should try and use your wedding photographer, because it's kind of a practice run thru with them...getting comfortable with how they work.  I'm really glad we took them, because we used them on our magnet save-the-date, which everybody loved. (Magnetstreet.com)

We spent about 2 hrs with him taking pix in the park in front of the Capitol and in front of this cool blue-tiled building on 5th street near I-35 (across from that pipe store).  Of course there were many pictures we didn't like or want to use because I didn't smile right, or FI wasn't happy with his expression, but the photog took so many pictures we got what we needed.  We were allowed to pick 15 for him to edit and he gave them to us, and we'll get the rest after the wedding.

Have fun!

• edited December 2011
    Wow! Hayhay- You were only allowed to choose 15? I don't know if I would have been happy with the photographers if they had said that. Our photographers said they'll give us as many as they took that come back usable, even though we technically paid for 40. I feel kinda guilty because we're going to end up with way more than they charged us for, but they are so nice and laid back and their policy is that if a picture is good, they aren't going to keep it from us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards