Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation Proofing

Please let me know if you see any grammatical errors or anything that needs to be fixed. Thanks!

Invitation:

Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents
and
Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Parents
Request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their children

Bride's First and Middle name
&
Groom's First and Middle name

Saturday, the twenty-fifth of August
Two Thousand Twelve
Half past one in the afternoon

Church
Address
City, State

Reception/ Online RSVP enclosure:

Reception

Place
Address
City,State
Time

RSVP

The favor of a reply is reqested on or before
August 4, 2012, at
wedding website
or
phone number

Re: Invitation Proofing

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-proofing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:7fa53937-f27c-405c-bad8-536f3b4e503aPost:ed736b9f-a444-4564-a6c9-8c1ee61b9201">Re: Invitation Proofing</a>:
    [QUOTE]My changes are bolded. Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents no and between names Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Parents r equest the honour of your presence lower case r at the marriage of their children Bride's First and Middle name and (no symbols) Groom's First and Middle name Saturday, the twenty-fifth of August t wo t housand t welve no capitals Half after one o'clock in the afternoon Church Address City, State Reception/ Online RSVP enclosure: Reception Please join us for a reception time Venue Name Address City, State RSVP The favor of a reply is reqested on or before August 4, 2012, no "at" wedding website or phone number Some people say "half past" is reserved for funerals so I changed it to half after for you and added o'clock after the time. In the afternoon  is optional because guests will know that you're not getting married at 1 AM. I added more information to your reception card. It wasn't really necessary, but all the ones I've seen had something other than just the information and time. I removed at on the rsvp card. <strong>Using a wedding website and phone number is a much more casual way of responding to the wedding and shouldn't really  be used for a formal wedding.</strong>
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

<div>True.  Phone and web rsvps are only appropriate for the most super casual of weddings - along the same line as a backyard BBQ or birthday party.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards