Snarky Brides

Evening thread

Anyone around? What's going on?

FI just left.. he headed home for the weekend to go fishing with his dad.  I'm laying around on the couch, drinking wine and watching TV shows that FI normally hates so I don't watch them when he's home.

Re: Evening thread

• I'm still here (at work).  Just nearly got busted looking down my shirt.  I feel like there's a bug crawling on me but don't see anything.  Oops. 
  • Hi.  I just had pizza, breadsticks, wings AND cinnamon sticks for dinner.  And I didn't go to the gym or run today.  Oops. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:fb854834-06da-45ee-bccc-3da27385d4df">Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone around? What's going on? FI just left.. he headed home for the weekend to go fishing with his dad.  I'm laying around on the couch, drinking wine and watching TV shows that FI normally hates so I don't watch them when he's home.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Im here.  TK wont let me post unless I quote because it sucks.

Im not feeling so hot right now, so im just chilling on the couch trying not to barf.  Yay.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • You're on bed rest right Blue?  Nothing like hurling when you're supposed to be resting.  :(  Does ginger or anything help? 

LP - I have a feeling the H will have brought home pizza tonight and while I kind of hope he does, I know I'll kick myself tomorrow for it. 
  • I'm here, kinda. Just waiting for dinner to finish baking. H and I spent an hour and a half at the gym together and it felt so good. He let me take a nap right when I got home from work, which I was so thankful for, because it really helped perk me up for the gym.

Hope you feel better, Blue!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Aw feel better Blue!!! I'm sorry you don't feel well!

LP sometimes people need those days. I'm eating pretty much anything I can find right now. I didn't work out either czu I was too tired lol.  I'll go tomorrow (hopefully)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:af623e6e-aec3-4dd6-90e8-ef86b6a9b9f2">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><u>You're on bed rest right Blue?</u></strong>  Nothing like hurling when you're supposed to be resting.  :(  Does ginger or anything help?  LP - I have a feeling the H will have brought home pizza tonight and while I kind of hope he does, I know I'll kick myself tomorrow for it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Kinda.  Just no work now and now lifting.  Its a gross feeling.  I got wicked flushed and now im pukey and heart burn-y
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I've generally not been eating well and not working out as much as I used to lately, so I just feel blah.  

I'm bummed because I had daytime plans of shopping/lunch with a girlfriend, and nighttime plans of a triple date tomorrow.  Both plans got cancelled today, so now I have no plans at all for tomorrow.  At least it makes time for the gym and helps me to eat healthier since I won't be going out to both lunch and dinner like I thought. 
  • I got sent home from work early (went in at 4, was off by 545) because they had enough people working in the bar area.  and im waiting on FI to get home from Oklahoma.  A friend of ours (who is pregnant) strained her back while she was gardening, and now she can't pick up her son or really do anything.  And her husband is deployed, so she doesn't really have anyone around to help her.  She has a few friends up there, but all of her family is in SA.  So FI is bringing her back with him and is taking her to her in-laws, and she is going to stay with them for a little while.

knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Feel better, Blue. 

Enjoy your weekend, Chels.  I don't mind if DH goes off for a couple of days - I enjoy the time to do what I want.  I should encourage him to plan a boys' weekend this summer.  haha.

I've got a cold pale ale and a nice shady patio to enjoy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm making dinner. I forgot what a pita it is to make  baked potatoes, they seem to take forever. I think FH and I will spend our night in front of the tv. I'd love a glass of wine right now but I had more than enough beer at the game last night. 

I hope you feel better soon Blue. 

Girlie - that happens to me all the time. It's usually a hair since I shed a lot. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yikes Blue.  Hope it passes quickly. 

Texasgurly, that's really sweet of your H.
  • Hope you feel better Blue! That sounds like no fun at all. 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:9f6dcb06-c049-4826-887d-764e76b3ce13">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes Blue.  Hope it passes quickly.  Texasgurly, that's really sweet of your H.
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>She's one of our best friends, and if I didn't have to work this week, I would have gone with him to see her.  She is 23 weeks this week.  I don't know how she is gonna do it the rest of the pregnancy.  Someone is gonna have to be with her the entire time.</div>
  • Hope you feel better soon Blue!  That really sucks.
  • Oh, and I went to Ulta today and I have to thank whoever mentioned Eos lip balm recently. I'm in love. Dot has created a monster. I've spent more on makeup in the last 3 weeks than I probably have in the last 10 years combined. 
  • I'm digging the EOS too Celtic.  And I'm pretty much a makeup hoar so I'm around too whenever you ladies start talking about it. 
  • I should be napping b/c I have work from 11-7 and just got home from the other job about an hour ago, but i'm wired.  FI is out golfing and prob freezing his whatnot's off, first week of league for the season so I'm a golf widow on fridays until labor day.  I don't have a weekend off now until the wedding. Thank goodness I have the next two Wed off to run errands and clean my house. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:a1095993-f186-4f46-b365-6c2b95a8d520">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I went to Ulta today and I have to thank whoever mentioned Eos lip balm recently. I'm in love. Dot has created a monster. I've spent more on makeup in the last 3 weeks than I probably have in the last 10 years combined. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Obsessed with the EOS line- have you tried the lotions, amazing!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi.
    I'm waiting for my mom to come home so we can transplant my watermelon, cilantro, and cucumber seedlings. My peas sprouted today too, so I'll be moving those in a couple weeks.

Hope you feel better Blue!
  • Feel better Blue, when do you hear anything?

I am still at work. FI and I carpool and he has some work to finish up. I just got tickets to tonight game from one of my sales reps. Good seats and parking is included which is awesome. We are also going tomorrow.
  • I haven't tried their other stuff yet but I probably will.I was a diehard Burt's Bees lip balm fan but I think I just converted. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im watching who do you think you are with blue, and scratching lottery tickets. Im so exciting lol.
  • Blue- I hope you feel better soon!

I'm angry with myself because my registration in Virginia is up on Monday. I tried to pay it online today and it said something was wrong with it so I have to GO to the oiffce. I don't live their anymore. Ugh. Hopefully I can call tomorrow and try to figure it out.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Jesse, I can pretty much garden all year around here. Lately we've had some crazy wind and weird weather though. I think my bell peppers got a little beat up.
  • H and I are watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall on TV. it's okay, I guess. Mostly I'm looking forward to going to bed and sleeping in. It's been a long week.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:ae89e01f-fbec-42f4-90f6-82f95f35d670">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I are watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall on TV. <strong>it's okay, I guess.</strong> Mostly I'm looking forward to going to bed and sleeping in. It's been a long week.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    WHAT?!

one of the best movies, ever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:5a368cbd-4583-40dc-b84f-97415a2503ec">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : WHAT?! one of the best movies, ever.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I've never seen it actually

:ducks:
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:5a368cbd-4583-40dc-b84f-97415a2503ec">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : WHAT?! one of the best movies, ever.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I know, right? It's so quotable. After my divorce from my exH in 2009, I did the exact same thing - went to Oahu by myself, stayed at Turtle Bay, all that. Except I didn't run into my exH and his new GF, thank goodness.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I just finished dinner...left over roasted chicken and herbed rice. Am currently sipping wine and not studying for finals.  I'm watching Say Yes, instead...

Has anyone ever seen My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? Is it the train wreck I suspect it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards