Arkansas

NWA Wedding

Hello!! 

I am planning a wedding in NW Arkansas for October 2011 and was wondering if anyone had any information, pictures, or advice on a few venues.  My fiance' and I currently live in PA, but I am originally from Arkansas, and some of these places I have not heard of or they are fairly new since I was last living in Arkansas, which has been a few years.  Basically, the information I do have is just from what we have gathered on the internet.  We are planning a visit in the next few months to view some of these places and to place a deposti for our wedding, but before all of that, I wanted to get some feedback from some local brides.  Ok, here is where we are thinking:
1. Creekwood Gardens, Fayetteville, AR
2. Mildred B. Cooper, Rogers, AR
3. Pratt Place Barn, Fayetteville, AR
4. Stables on the Hill, Fayetteville, AR

If you have any thoughts, pictures, or information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and GO HOGS!!!!!

Re: NWA Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Mildred Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista.  Its gorgeous!  I  I always take my family and friends there to admire it when we go.  Its a little on the small side, but if you are having around 100 at your wedding, you should be good to go. 

An old boss' daughter had her wedding at the Pratt Place.  It was beautiful, but you have to rent everything yourself.  They rented everything from tables to chairs, to even the heaters for the barn.  She said it was TONS of work to coordinate everything.

I don't know about the other places. 

Here is a picture of the Cooper Chapel, but I'm sure there are better ones online, its a famous architectural work of E. Fay Jones.

• edited December 2011

Thanks for the info & pics.  I am not sure if I want the stress of having to get all the tables, chairs, etc together the day of the wedding!! 

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married in July at Pratt Place.  They actually provide tables and seating for 120 people in the barn, you do have to hire all the staff and everything for the party yourself.  They also provide a couple of long banquet tables.  They also got air conditioning last summer, which was a big help.  It's SO beautiful!!

I'm planning my wedding from NYC, so I totally feel you.

Stables on the Hill was totally not right for me.  You have to end your wedding by 9;30pm.  There are several places with that rule (outdoors places) b/c of a local noise ordinance. 

Another beautiful is Magnolia Gardens Inn in Springdale.  Pratty Place doesn't have the built in end time, so we went with that (we're having a lot of people), but if we hadn't it would have been Magnola Gardens Inn for sure.

If you don't mind ending it early, or want to do it during the day (we wanted to have an evening wedding for heat purposes, since it's july and you wont have that problem) anotehr great place was the Botanic Gardens in Fayetteville.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and the other thing about STables on the HIll, is that it is WAY out in Elkins.  If you're thinking of inviting a lot of people from out of town, it really is hard to get to. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Creekwood Gardens. If you are looking for a less stressful option, she is the way to go! She has an all-inclusive package. You still get to pick everything out, but she works with vendors to get discounts and you pay her directly. Also, she sets everything up for you and after the wedding all you have to do is throw away the trash. It is less stressful for your families!

She has a web site - www.creekwoodgardens.com
  • jking614jking614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I know that this was not one of the places you are looking at, but I am getting married at Chapel on the Creeks in Rogers, Arkansas. I picked there because I love the rustic inside! Plus my wedding is in December so it had to be inside. Also we are family friends with the wedding coordinater there and we know how great of an organizer she is. Hope it helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I have to give a shout out to my photographer. She is AMAZING! We took our engagement pics this weekend and I can not wait to get them back. She has already given me a little sneak peak. She did a great job of capturing our unique style. Her name is Kim Durham. She has a web site - www.kimdurham.com
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at St. Catherine's at Bell Gable?  You can only fit about 40 people inside but they do outdoor weddings too and coordinate everything.  I am actually getting married at the Trees at Waterside.  It's pretty new but it's amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    There is also the Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks, Fayetteville Town Center or the Garden Room on Dickson St.
  • edited December 2011

We ended up looking at 7 different venues over the course of 2 days and at the end of it they were all starting to blend together!  However, there was a venue that stuck out the most to both of us and it was Creekwood Gardens!  Lisa was amazing and the best part of it is that it will take a lot of stress off of us since we live out of state now.  All I have to do now is get a photographer, transportation, and the cake, which we are going to get Bliss Cupcake Cafe in Fayetteville, AR to do the cupcakes for the wedding.  They were awesome!

Thanks for the info on the photographer!  I will definitely check out the website.  Thanks for all the information ladies!!  Have fun planning your wedding!!!  This is such a great time in our lives!!! 

• andreaparnellandreaparnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding photographer in NWA. I don't know what kind of feel you are going for with a venue but after reading some of the responses I thought I would give my two cents for what it's worth. Another bride had suggested Trees at Waterside. It's pretty and new but very small and currently because of some new issues they are not booking any more events there. Pratt Place is such a unique beautiful place. Magnolia Gardens is beautiful in Springdale and can accomodate a large wedding. If you haven't found a photographer and are looking for one, please check out my website! http://www.andreaphotography.com

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Hi Audra,
        I hope you have found the perfect place for your wedding in October.  It sounds like Creekwood Gardens is your choice. October is the most beautiful month!  Good choice! 
    I am a wedding cinematographer in Fayetteville.  It would be my honor to capture the beginning of your life with Jeff.   Please feel free to browse my website/blog

I'd love to speak with you further.
    Hope your day is everything that you have been dreaming that it will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards