Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...

124»

Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...

• Options
    Veggie, there are *SOME* people from Ohio who are driving up for the GTG. Just sayin'...
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:58c5e1b7-59f5-4466-93bf-371a8e7b9ec7">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Veggie, there are *SOME* people from Ohio who are driving up for the GTG. Just sayin'...
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

A.  I wasn't invited :-P

but more importantly....

B.  My passport is expired, and I'm waiting on a new one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:16b9dace-b241-433e-bdbf-d08d4cb54be7">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : A.  I wasn't invited :-P but more importantly.... B.  My passport is expired, and I'm waiting on a new one.
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]

You need a passport to get into Canada now? 

(If it isn't already obvious, I haven't left the country in ten years.)
  • Options
    But as a consolation prize, I give you the current weather conditions outside my building:

There's a hospital across the street, I swear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     Nobody deserves an FU.

just wanted to call bullshit on this. I give FUs all the time and they're usually deserved.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    How did you miss that big news Mel?  So, do you have a d-dub in your past?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    anyways...

save the date: only if I can bring my mom.
  • Options
    Is it bad I'm jealous of those with snow?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:60df581f-1056-4562-ab58-be56f85491e9">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it bad I'm jealous of those with snow?
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Completely acceptable.  My dad is very jealous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:2e028b33-b965-4a89-b037-6c489a5f795b">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you miss that big news Mel?  So, do you have a d-dub in your past?
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I, uh...I don't know what a d-dub is.  Your fancy words confuse me. 
  • Options

I think the weather is playing tricks on us...
    We even got a little bit of rain here in Saskatoon today (say whaaaa? It's was -40c a couple weeks ago!)..and it's storming like crazy with snow over in Ontario.

Something is amiss.

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:09c5e670-64a9-4eab-b509-d3c2c8a14a2e">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : I, uh...I don't know what a d-dub is.  Your fancy words confuse me. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

<div>DWI</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  H has 2 friends that have 5 DWI's between them (Istupid I know), and that's what I always think when I hear someone hasn't left the country in 10 years.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:2c79e675-60de-4279-9931-3db0fc8209be">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the weather is playing tricks on us... We even got a little bit of rain here in Saskatoon today (say whaaaa? It's was -40c a couple weeks ago!).<span style="font-weight:bold;">.and it's storming like crazy with snow over in Ontario</span>. Something is amiss.
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed it is <span style="font-style:italic;">*cries*</span>
  • Options
    We call them DUI's here. (driving under the influence)

Not that I was really part of that convo..ha...but I was curious what a d-dub was too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:abe45c29-1af0-4bb1-bcd5-3adcdc4fdd5d">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : DWI ETA:  H has 2 friends that have 5 DWI's between them (Istupid I know), and that's what I always think when I hear someone hasn't left the country in 10 years.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Oh.  No.  I'm just really boring and I've been procreating for the last ten years instead of going off on adventures.  But we're going (hoping to go) to Montreal for our HM if there's money left in the budget, so it's good to know that we'll need passports to do so.

The last time I went to Canada was on my first honeymoon.  We went to Niagara Falls.  I thought it was funny to honeymoon in Niagara Falls since we got married when we found out I was pregnant.  I was like "Everything else is playing out like the 50's around here, might as well complete the circle." 
  • Options
    Mel we're hoping to go to Montreal for our honeymoon too!

Well, I guess technically it's won't be a "honeymoon" by the point we've saved enough money..but our first big trip after being married. (We're getting married in July 2011, and trying to take the trip in Feb 2012)  We're thinking a few days in Montreal and, after some discussion on this board, actually, we've decided we should hit up Quebec City for a couple days too.

When are you planning on going?
  • Options
    Haha I just mailed a package to my Godson on Monday who lives in Niagara Falls, which is where I'm from.  The man at the post office said "ooh, mailing to the honeymoon capital of the world?  It must be something romantic."  I just looked at him and said "it's for a 3 year old."  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:36bfc7f2-70f3-4fc6-99f5-7a8296da586b">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel we're hoping to go to Montreal for our honeymoon too! Well, I guess technically it's won't be a "honeymoon" by the point we've saved enough money..but our first big trip after being married. (We're getting married in July 2011, and trying to take the trip in Feb 2012)  We're thinking a few days in Montreal and, after some discussion on this board, actually, we've decided we should hit up Quebec City for a couple days too. When are you planning on going?

Friends of ours just went to Quebec City for their honeymoon, and they absolutely loved it.  We're hoping to go in September, immediately following the wedding.  Since we don't have all of our vendors nailed down yet, though, it's still up in the air...we're finding that a few things we may have budgeted too low on, and we'll be stealing from the HM budget to cover them if we need to.  We should (hopefully) know what our solid plans are for the HM once we book the dj and photographer. 
  • Options
    d-dub = dewey
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:642cef93-8840-4a2e-80ca-36af0e0fadf0">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]d-dub = dewey
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, I've heard that one too.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:36bfc7f2-70f3-4fc6-99f5-7a8296da586b">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel we're hoping to go to Montreal for our honeymoon too! Well, I guess technically it's won't be a "honeymoon" by the point we've saved enough money..but our first big trip after being married. (We're getting married in July 2011, and trying to take the trip in Feb 2012)  We're thinking a few days in Montreal and, after some discussion on this board, actually, we've decided we should hit up Quebec City for a couple days too. When are you planning on going?

We were going to go to Montreal too but airfare was insane. Over $500 a person for the 1.5 hour flight from DC. We ended up finding tickets to Spain for less money but still want to go to Montreal sometime.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:1880b43e-7951-4847-b1d7-c9c1246463cf">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : We were going to go to Montreal too but airfare was insane. Over $500 a person for the 1.5 hour flight from DC. We ended up finding tickets to Spain for less money but still want to go to Montreal sometime.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Our plan is to drive.  It will be more expensive than flying, but I'm not a good flyer...I board a plane only when I absolutely have to, and when I do so I am positively convinced that I am willingly going to my death.  I had to fly to Atlanta for work a few months ago, and I still feel bad for the poor bastard who sat next to me through a thunderstorm on the way home.  I feel bad because I sobbed and told him we were going down because I don't believe in Jesus.  Yea...I don't fly. 

Anna, you're super ridiculous cute and pretty. 
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:b9f7601f-b957-4954-8bd7-c2cb3de543be">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : Friends of ours just went to Quebec City for their honeymoon, and they absolutely loved it.  We're hoping to go in September, immediately following the wedding.  Since we don't have all of our vendors nailed down yet, though, it's still up in the air...we're finding that a few things we may have budgeted too low on, and we'll be stealing from the HM budget to cover them if we need to.  We should (hopefully) know what our solid plans are for the HM once we book the dj and photographer. 

That's awesome!  I'll have to remember to keep in touch with you if you do go!  The main reason I want to go is to go to a Canadiens game..soo fingers crossed we can get tickets!

Anna-that's too bad!  Both of us have always wanted to go to Montreal.  We haven't checked ticket prices, but since we're already in Canada hopefully they won't be that crazy!

Edited: Mel, I just saw you wrote you're driving.  I think that would be so fun to do a big road trip like that.  We're pretty far away though, and would need an extra few days getting there and back.  Plus in February, who knows what the weather would be like!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:038468f8-2a80-4d8a-a52e-0677f5723614">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : Yes, indeed it is *cries*
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

::points and laughs::

it wasn't long ago you were all "yeah, hasn't snowed here yet... just sayin'."  it's like +something today.  loving it.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Yeah its a really nice day here today.  Sunny, in the 50's I think.  Only snow in sight is on the mountains.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:c4cbd2ee-daa9-4b18-805e-e03bdeeffd8b">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I feel bad because I sobbed and told him we were going down because I don't believe in Jesus. 

LOVE IT! :) That is something I would do.

I actually did have a mild freak out on a plane once and this nice guy sitting next ot me calmed me down. Afterwards I wondered if he was an air marshal...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:2f1243cb-288c-4ddf-b911-2d244377fff7">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title... : ::points and laughs:: it wasn't long ago you were all "yeah, hasn't snowed here yet... just sayin'."  it's like +something today.  loving it.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

You suck. Thankfully, it's not sticking around, it's just blowing like crazy and then melting. Just don't bring it here with you when you coooooooooome!
  • Options

We're having a chinook right now.  I will bring that with me if you like.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-play-finish-thread-title?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8aad52af-3deb-4ee4-89fb-c75ac4af3e0dPost:9ba75d35-aba7-45cd-8601-be083a923cb6">Re: Let's Play Finish the Thread Title...</a>:
    [QUOTE]we need a poll ....no we don't
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

haha

If we need a poll, at least make it interesting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards